20- cherishing time

Sorry guys for the late update... I lost some motivation and started getting lazy... really sorry... I will try to update more and soon if I can..  this is a short chapter... hope you guys like it.. please do comment about it...

____________________________________________

Gulf has never drived this fast...hell a race car driver wouldn't have drived this fast in the city traffic... Mew has woken up and he wanted to see him immediately, with that single thought in mind he sped across the city to the hospital even ignoring some red lights..

His heart was beating fast either due to the excitement or because he ran fast to get to the room... but he was little disappointed when there was no one in the room.... when he asked the nurse in a little panicky voice, nurse has told him that they took him to run some tests... so he waited patiently in the room...... he has waited this long, so he can wait few more minutes...

When the door opened letting Mew in, Gulf was both smiling and crying... no words came out of his mouth... Mew looked fragile but also strong, muscle wasting was evident due to long term hospitalization but he emitted the superior aura... his face was pale and eyes were sunken but still looked at Gulf with the same love he had all those years back...

'Gulf', Mew tried to call him but only air came out... which caused Mew restless... sensing the troubled feeling of his beloved, Gulf crossed the room and hugged him who was sitting in the wheel chair...

Gulf: it's ok phi. Take your time na...

Gulf could see water droplets forming on Mew's eyes... he knows why... even though they were so close Mew couldn't hug him back... his muscle weakness is not letting him hold his beloved...

Tong who was with Mew placed a hand on his shoulder and reassured him...

Gulf: what did the doctor say?

Tong: he seems alright... doctors told that due to ventilator tubes his throat has some injuries... and apparently muscle weakness too.. so he will be needing voice therapy and physiotherapy... he will take time to stand or walk but not long since Kok had made a physiotherapist to exercise his muscles even when he was in coma... and also a psychiatrist to overcome any other problems...

Gulf: that's good isn't it?

Mew made a single small nod and gave a light smile... which made Gulf to smile more...

Gulf's mother came to visit with Mew's father.. they hugged and talked some... they bid their goodbyes saying they would bring his grandparents and brother and sister next day... While exciting Gulf's mother gave Gulf a smile which was reciprocated by Gulf for the first time in many years.. she left the hospital with the little happiness...

As it was getting late at night... Gulf sat there holding his hands and talking while Mew was listening, nodding, with smile on his face.. Gulf realised that Mew maybe tired and asked him, which earned him a nod, he was sitting in the wheelchair for quite sometime... while Tong said he would call help to shift him, Gulf shook his head and hooked his hand under Mew and carried him bridal style..  Mew was not heavy, thinking back it was always Mew who has carried him to the bed from wherever he has fallen asleep... its time for Gulf to reciprocate that...

A week or 2 has passed by with Gulf's friends visiting, Mew's friends, some relatives even someone of his students came to visit him... Gulf would spend most of the time with him as usual, he would take care of Mew, sometimes carry him from wheelchair to the bed or the couch... drag the wheelchair to the garden situated behind the hospital... though not fully recovered Mew has started to gain some weight, he could laugh now though not like before still it was addicting to Gulf..  sometimes at night Gulf would sleep in the same bed as Mew..

Though Gulf seemed happy Mew could see a little sadness and fear in Gulf's eyes. There were times Gulf has hesitated to touch or see Mew when he needed help while bathing or changing clothes... what was very odd was Gulf never tried to kiss him. Though Mew would have liked to question about this changes, he didnt mind it, thought that Gulf was just being careful and waiting for his full recover.

But Gulf was a mess, though he was happy he couldn't bring himself to overjoy the situation.... a week back when his mother has visited Mew, she talked to Gulf about the deal he has made...

Flashback

Gulf's mother: when are you gonna tel Mew about the deal?

Gulf: I will tel

Gulf's mother: when? after you got married?

Gulf: he is not in good condition now... he needs lots of recovery, I will tell after that..

Gulf's mother: ok... but Gulf seriously what are you gonna do about it.

Gulf: I don't know... I know I can't get out of this deal...

Gulf's mother: then get out of Mew's life.. you will end up hurting him more. And you will be hurting too.

Gulf: iam already hurting...

Gulf's mother: the girl your father has arranged for you, I dont like her.

Gulf: well the feeling is mutual...

Gulf's mother: I will try to talk your father out of this arrangement and buy you sometime to sort this mess out..

Gulf: why are you helping me?

Gulf's mother: cant I help you?

Gulf: it's kind of scary and out of order..

Gulf's mother: would you believe me if I said I care about you?

Gulf: no.

Gulf's mother: then I care about Mew.

She said with a smile.. which also earned her a genuine smile from Gulf

Gulf: thank you for caring about him..

Gulf's mother: technically he is my son too.. and a good one at that..

Gulf knew he messed up a whole lot, but in some corner of his idiotic brain said there is still hope... how could he leave Mew? He is falling in love hard again... though he was still in love he felt like he was falling in love again and again with Mew..  how can he not, when his voice therapy started to work Mew's first words were 'Gulf'... when the physiotherapy started to pay well first thing he did was hug Gulf tight and not letting him go for an hour or so... and started to feed Gulf like before the accident whenever he was busy...

But the most important thing that making this situation hard for Gulf is the words Mew had told him when he thought Gulf was sleeping...

"I love you Gulf, I love you so much, i would find a proper way to propose to you"