Chapter 14: A Bit of a Break

Note: Episode Transcript Provided By Ariane DeVere/ Callie Sullivan

***

The door at the deep end of the pool opened once more, allowing Moriarty to reenter. "Sorry boys, and girl, I'm sooooo changeable!" He cheerfully sang as more red dots began to dance over John and Sherlock's bodies. "It is a weakness with me. But to be fair to myself, it is my only weakness. You can't be allowed to continue; you just can't. I would try to convince you but everything I have to say has already crossed your mind,"

"Probably my answer has crossed yours," Sherlock responded, lowering his pistol at the bomb. Before he could pull the trigger, 'Stayin' Alive' began to play. The trio looked around the room, confused,

"The Bee Gees?" Alice whispered to herself.

Jim closed his eyes and sighed, irritated. "D'you mind if I get that?"

"Go ahead, please. You've got the rest of your life," Sherlock replied, gesturing with his gun.

Jim pulled out his phone from his pocket and answered it."Hello?... Yes, of course, it is. What do you want?" Suddenly he spun around. "SAY THAT AGAIN!" He yelled into the phone, his voice resonating throughout the room. "Say that again, and know that if you are lying to me; I will find you and I will skin you," Jim hissed before turning around to face the trio. "Sorry, wrong day to die,"

"Did you get a better offer?" Sherlock casually asked.

"You'll be hearing from me, Sherlock," Moriarty turned back around and walked towards the door at the deep end of the pool, continuing his conversation. Reaching for the door handle, he snapped his fingers. Instantly, the red dots disappeared from John and Sherlock. The three all let out a breath of relief. Alice stood up, looking at the upper floor for any signs of the snipers.

"What happened there?" John asked.

"Someone changed his mind," Sherlock responded.

"The question is: who?" Alice added.

*****

The next few weeks went by normal. The boys were solving smaller cases; occasionally consulting Alice if they needed a third opinion. She had met with Mycroft a couple of weeks after the incident at the pool to describe what had transpired and to deliver freshly baked goods.

*

"I want to apologize, Alice," Mycroft said, pouring Alice a cup of tea. "I highly doubt that this is what you expected when you decided to holiday here,"

"I knew what I was getting into when I joined them. But I appreciate the sentiment, Mycroft." Alice stated, taking the saran wrap off the plate of macarons and brownies. "Sherlock handled the case well enough,"

"It seems my brother might harbor some romantic feelings for you,"

"No," Alice stated, looking straight into Mycroft's eyes. "Sherlock merely respects me. Well, he respects my intelligence. It's just friendship between us, nothing more," She handed him a plate with a brownie and a cucumber sandwich to along with the tea they were sharing. "Besides, a relationship with anyone here wouldn't work out. I'll have to go to my old life at some point,"

"If you chose to stay for longer, for whatever reason, I am sure that some sort of agreement can be arranged,"

"Are you asking for me to stay, Mycroft?" Alice asked, taking a sip of her tea. Mycroft had a look of insecurity. Alice smirked and placed her cup back in its saucer. "Don't worry Mycroft, I'm taking this vacation one day at a time." She placed the cup and saucer on the table in front of her "But to the other reason why I came: Moriarty received a call right before he was going to blow us all up, could you do your best to find out who it was,"