Chapter 46: #SherlockLives

Episode Transcript provided by Ariane DeVere/Callie Sullivan

***

"Are you out of your mind?" Anderson exclaimed as he heard another theory from one of his club members. It was another meeting of 'The Empty Hearse', a club he started for those who also believed Sherlock faked his death. The walls of the room were covered with Post-it notes; pieces of red string connected papers and photographs; there was even a world map with pins in the Himalayas, New Dehli, and Hamburg.

"I don't see why not. It's just as plausible as your theories,"

"Look, if you're not going to take it seriously, Laura, you can get out. I have knowledge that Sherlock was in a happy relationship when he fell,"

"I do take it seriously," Laura looked around at the others in the room. Six other people were squeezed onto the furniture with four of them wearing deerstalkers. "I don't think we should wear hats,"

"I founded 'The Empty Hearse' so like-minded people could meet and discuss theories. Sherlock's still out there, I'm convinced of it,"

Laura's eyes drifted to the news on the TV behind Anderson. The headline at the bottom read Hat Detective Alive

"Oh my God!" Laura exclaimed as she held up her phone. Everyone's phone began to beep, signaling text alerts and notifications.

"What time is it?" Philip asked the group.

"It's 12:45," a member called out as they scrolled through their Twitter feed.

"So she should be up," Anderson mumbled to himself. "I need to go and make an important call," He announced as he left the room.

*

"London. It's like a great cesspool into which all kinds of criminals, agents, and drifters are irresistibly drained. It's not a question of 'who?'; it is a question of 'who knows?'. There are certain people- markers. If they start to move, I'll know something's up,"

"That's all very interesting, Sherlock, but the terror alert has been raised to Critical," Mycroft said as Sherlock sat back into his chair.

"Boring, your move," Sherlock said, looking down at the game on the table between them.

"We have solid information that and attack is coming," Mycroft glanced down at the game between them.

"Solid information. A secret terrorist organization's planning an attack. That's what secret organizations do. Surely you don't need my expertise for that,"

"An agent gave his life to tell us that,"

"Perhaps he shouldn't have, he obviously was trying to show off,"

Mycroft held back a sigh. "None of these markers of yours is behaving suspiciously?" He glanced down again. "Your move,"

"No, Mycroft, but you have to trust me. I'll find the answer. It'll be an odd phrase in an online blog or an unexpected trip to the countryside. Your move,"

"I've given the Prime Minister my personal assurance you're on the case,"

"I am on the case, we both are, look at us,"

A loud buzz came from the game on the table between them.

"Oh, bugger," Mycroft angrily dropped the small tweezers from their game of Operation.

"Can't handle a broken heart- how telling" Sherlock teased.

"Don't be smart,"

"That takes me back. 'Don't be smart, Sherlock. I'm the smart one'," Sherlock said in a childish voice.