Chapter 41: Storyteller

Transcript provided by Ariane Devere/ Callie Sullivan

***

Sherlock led the trio down a few blocks before swerving into a side alley, dropping the gun while doing so. They could hear the police cars going straight, passing them on the ally. Seeing this as an opportunity to breathe, John looked over to Alice. "You don't happen to have a lock-picking kit on you by any chance,"

Alice looked at him with disdain. "No. Believe it or not, it was not in my schedule to become my fugitive boyfriend's hostage,"

"Well, we're going to have to think of another way. Sherlock," John nudged. "We're being followed. I knew we couldn't outrun the police," The trio turned their attention to where John was looking. In the distance, they could see a figure peering around the alley corner.

"That's not the police," Alice observed. "It's one of our friendly new neighbours,"

"Let's see if he can give us some answers," Sherlock said before running in the opposite direction and through a series of alleyways before coming to the corner with the main road. He looked around the corner and smiled; approaching them was the 74 bus to Baker Street Station. "We're going to jump in front of that bus,"

"What?" John asked as Sherlock drug him onto the street. Alice watched as the assassin threw the boys out of the way and onto the other side of the road.

Once his feet hit the sidewalk, Sherlock grabbed the assassin's pistol from his pocket, cocked it, and aimed it at the foreign man. "Tell me what you want from me,"

"He left it at your flat, Moriarty"

"What do you mean?"

"The computer keycode,"

Suddenly, three gunshots rang out causing the man to drop to the ground- dead. The two, hearing the nearing police sirens, ran into a nearby doorway to hide. "It's a game-changer," Sherlock thought out loud as John continued to fiddle with their handcuffs. "It's a key that can break into any system and it's apparently sitting in our flat right now,"

Alice had lost the boys. She saw the assassin that saved their life get killed. You win some, you lose some. As soon as the traffic was clear, she ran across the street and in the direction that they ran off to. She walked another block before hearing a familiar whistle. Turning her head in the sound's direction, she found John and Sherlock in a doorway.

"Do we have any leads?" She asked with her arms folded. "Because I have an idea," Alice looked over to the stack of newspapers beside her. It was the same issue of 'The Sun' that Mycroft had shown them that morning. "Remember this, John?"

John took a closer look at the front page with his free hand. "Are you suggesting we interview Miss.Riley?"

Alice smiled sinisterly. "You say 'interview', but I prefer 'interrogate',"

*

Kitty Riley was shocked to find that her front door was slightly ajar. She had locked it when she left the house and the only other person who had a key would have certainly secured and locked it. Hesitantly pushing open the door and flipped the light switch, only to find Sherlock Holmes and John Watson sitting on her sofa with Miss Alice sitting on the chair across from them.

"Too late to go on the record?" Sherlock asked sarcastically.

Kitty sat in an armchair while the trio stood in the middle of the room. "Congratulations," Sherlock said, trying to pick the lock on the handcuffs with a hairpin. "The truth about Sherlock Holmes, You got the scoop that everyone wanted,"