²⁷

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

CHAPTER 27: THE ESCAPE 1/2

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐
ARIANA
└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

My face turned red right away as I looked at him in disbelief. No way, did he just kiss my forehead? Am I dreaming?!

"Ahem!" someone cleared their throat, making me snap out of how shock I was and turned to look at them.

He was almost as tall as Jaxon and his head was bald. Not only that but he had bread as well and a big tummy and was wearing a black suit.

"Mr. Black, this way," He said, pointing to the door, as we were both looking at him and that's when I had realized that David had disappeared.

This doesn't look good...

"Come on," Jaxon said following the guy's orders but I stopped him before he could've entered through the door.

A frown had appeared on his face as he gave me a confused look. "What's the matter?"

I let out a sigh, peaking at the man whom I'm guessing is working for David and he glanced at me before turning around, minding his own business. And now that he's not listening, I spoke.

"Jaxon, I don't have a good feeling about this. Why do we have to go in there?" I asked, my voice dripping with fear and concern which caused him to sigh.

"Yes. Ariana, I need some answers and that man in there is the only one that I know of that can give me that answer, do you understand?" he asked and I hesitantly nodded my head and as always, he could've seen that I was still scared.

He let out another breath, removed his hands from my waist and took my hands in his. "Ariana, I promise you that everything Is going to be okay. Trust me, as long as I am here, I will protect you, do you hear me?" he asked once more and this time his words and facial expression looked really reassuring and I nodded, my fear vanishing a little.

I felt more assure and gosh, why do his words make me feel so safe?

"Good. Now come on" he let go of my hands and snakes it around my waist again before we both entered the room together.

I remained calm as we entered the room but however, my eyes began scanning the entire room before looking over at Jaxon, who was looking around the room as well.