³⁸.¹

Guys, I want to apologize for ending most chapters with a cliffhanger. As I said I usually update my books late at night because that's the time that I'm free and can write without interruptions and this way I won't forget my ideas since half of the stuff I write is not even planned and straight from my head.

So I usually cut it off there because I'm very tired But don't worry! 🙂 I'll try to leave fewer cliffhangers❤️

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

CHAPTER 38: THE PAST

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐
ARIANA
└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

I slapped a hand over my eyes, mentally face palming myself for once again embarrassing myself! I don't know what to do anymore... I'm just done with me!

"Ahem," He cleared his throat. I could feel his gaze on me as just stood there, embarrassed.

So taking a deep breath, I slowly pulled my hands away from my eyes and looked to the floor. Silence had once again fallen between us and it sure was uncomfortable just standing there while at the same time feeling very embarrassed.

Gosh, sometimes I just want to dig a hole and hide there! I really can't believe I just did that.
What the hell is wrong with me? Ugh!!

"Have a seat" he suddenly spoke, breaking the silence. My eyes shifted to his face but only for a quick second and I quickly made my way over to the dining table.

I sat down and my eyes slowly averted back to Jaxon who was walking towards the stove. My gaze shifted away from him and to my hands instead after I saw him grabbed two plates and was about to turn around. I unconsciously bit my lips while trying to pretend that him in only his boxers isn't bothering me.

"Here" his voice was heard and I snapped my head to him.

"T-thank you" I collected the plate filled with spaghetti from his hands and set it down on the table before me. He afterward left the kitchen which caused me to frown in confusion but my confusing face was gone when he entered the kitchen again whilst throwing a shirt over his head.

My eyes followed him as he walked over to the fridge. He opened it and pulled out a bottle of red wine and two wine glasses from the cupboard. He made his way towards the dining table and placed the wine and glass down before returning to the kitchen. He grabbed the other plate of food before walking back to the table and sat down on the opposite side.

"Want some?" He asked, lifting the bottle of wine from the table and I shook my head, answering with a no.

"No...I'm a lightweight" He nodded his head in understanding before being proceeds to open the bottle and throw some out for himself. And at this point, I looked away from him to my food and we ate in silence.