²⁸

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

CHAPTER 28: THE ESCAPE 2/2

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐
ARIANA
└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

WARNING
Mature Content below!
(This chapter contains violence!)

"Come one," Jaxon said, gesturing for me to follow behind quietly and I did just that.

It's been about thirty minutes since we've been walking down this hallway and God! This hallway looks like it never ends!

Jaxon had already shot, injured and killed about twenty of Lorenzo's men, managing not to get severely hurt. His lips were bleeding since he got punched...pretty hard too but that was all.

No gunshot wounds, no cuts, no stab wounds, nothing and so was I. I really don't know how I've come this far without getting hurt even though one of them did try to abduct me while Jaxon was surrounded by three guys.

And like a movie scene, he fought them off with no difficulties, shooting one in his head and stabbing the two other with their own knives.

It was so brutal to watch and I wanted to throw up so bad as my eyes were pasted to the dead bodies. The worst one though was the guy who was holding me. His throat was slit. I remembered watching as his body fell lifelessly to the floor almost immediately and he held on to his neck as he tries to stop the bleeding.

He died with his eyes open.

I squirmed at the memories. I still can't believe I've witnessed so much murder in one night!

"Check down the hall!" A voice was heard causing me to snap out of my thoughts. I snapped my head to Jaxon, my eyes widen when I heard footsteps coming our way.

"F*ck!" he swore. He pauses, his jaw and hands clenched. The footsteps have gotten louder, their shadows were seen on the wall as they marched towards us.

I bit my lips, my heartbeat quickens. I didn't know what to do and I panicked, even more, when I knew Jaxon didn't have a plan as well.

Will we get caught?!

Their presence had gotten even closer and I knew that with only a few more steps, we would be caught.

I snapped my head back to Jaxon who was already looking at me, he gestures for me to keep quiet and--

I could see their feet! They were just footsteps away from us but I don't think they have seen us as yet. God, is this the end?!