Prologue

Bound in Ruins

Prologue

Sophia

"Alright sweetheart, I'm only an hour away if you need anything!" My uncle, Calum stated, squeezing the life out of me as he dropped my off at my room.

Today was my first day of freshman year at New York University, and I knew that this was tough on the both of us.

"Please, give me a call if you need anything. I'll be here before you can even blink," he replied kissing my forehead.

I laughed nervously, "Don't worry, I will use all the Krav Maga moves you taught me."

Laughing, he spoke "You better. Love you, Sophia."

"Love you too," I replied.

He walked out the door, leaving me alone in my college dorm.

Breathing in, it felt surreal that I was here.

After constant back and forth discussions with my uncle Calum, we'd finally agreed that I could live on campus rather than commute from the Upper East side, which would normally be an hour commute if lucky.

I was even more fortunate that I talked my uncle out of an apartment with a security detail with me at all times. He was protective beyond words.

Plopping on my small twin sized bed, I appreciated the difference in space around me.

All my life, I had been surrounded by the luxury of a penthouse overlooking Central Park and New York in the Upper East side.

Looking outside my window, I admired the people walking outside with their friends. The buzz on this campus was electrifying, and I was exciting for this fresh new start.

"Whoa, my bad! I can be a klutz like all the time," A girl stated stumbling into the room with bags in tow.

Standing up to my greet myself she beamed at me, "Hi, I'm Sophia."

She ignored my handshake and pulled me in for a tight hug, "Girl, we're roommates! That's practically like sisters. I don't do shakes, I'm a hugger."

Laughing against her hold, I sighed in relief.

I had a nice roommate, thank goodness.

"I'm Lennox Rose. We're about to have the ride of our lives in here," She stated as she let go of the hug.

Laughing, I went to help her grab some of her suitcases.

"Thanks, girlie. I tried getting my idiot friends to help but they're so useless I swear I second guess why I'm even friends with them bozos," she spoke as she dragged the rest of her stuff inside the room.

"Don't worry about it," I told her as she finished setting down the rest of her stuff.

Plopping her hands on her hips, she looked at me, "Get dressed."

I looked at her confused, "We're going out tonight."

"Out as in where, exactly?" I asked.

"Dress into something edgy, we're crashing a senior party." She stated wiggling her eyebrows.

I smirked, already liking the energy from my roommate.

"How long do I have?" I asked, plopping from my bed and rummaged through my clothes.

"It's 7 now, we can head on out whenever. It's actually a bonfire so nothing too crazy. My boyfriend's roommates are hosting it and he's a senior so you'll get to meet a bunch of people today. You're welcome." She told me shooting me a wink.