Bound In Ruins- Chapter 12

Chapter 12

6 years ago- College

"Its tradition, I have to go. And knowing that you're not going back home, you have to come with me." I pleaded, sitting on Xander's lap.

We were on his bed and it was Fall break for us at NYU.

"I'm not so sure. How would your uncle feel about meeting a bloke like me?" He asked, resting his hands on my hips.

"He's going to love you. And besides, I can't get out of the charity auction tonight. I've always attended and it would mean a lot if you were to come with me," I told him, brushing my fingers through his hair.

His kissed the tip of my nose, "Of course I'll go with you. But that means we'll be with a bunch of Toffs so I have to dress to impress am I right?"

I kissed his lips softly, "You can wear whatever you want."

He laughed against my lips, "What time are we going?"

"I'm going to get ready. My uncle is having his driver come get us in two hours. I'll come get you with him, alright?" I told him.

"Sure thing," He responded shooting me a soft smile.

Kissing him softly, I stood up.

"See you soon!" I stated before heading off.

Heading back to my dorm, I quickly went to the dressing garments that my uncle had sent to my room this morning.

I flipped through the options and opted for a lavender dress that fitted like a glove. It was a long sleeved dress with mesh sleeves and embroidery all over. It was classic yet pretty.

Brushing out my long black hair, I opted to pin half up and put the rest out down, with several strands curling around my face.

Putting just soft makeup on, I felt ready to go.

"How do I look?" I asked Lennox, causing her to turn around. In her bed as she was flipping through a magazine.

"Ahhhhhh!" She squealed.

Standing up she spun me around causing me to laugh.

"Alexander's going to freak out when he sees you," Lennox stated.

Clapping her hands she fixed a piece of hair that was out of place.

"Perfect," She stated happily.

"Thank you," I replied.

She made me excited to see him now.

"Go, I want to know all details. His reaction, the night, after tonight." She stated winking.

"Bye Len!" I replied laughing as I made my way outside. Finding the driver my uncle had sent was easy, as it was the only limousine in sight.

I blushed, slightly embarrassed as several eyes were on me as I walked towards the driver.

"Ms. James?" The driver asked as I approached.

"That's me," I replied.

Smiling, he opened the door as I thanked him.

Letting him know of Xander's address, he drove off in that direction.

Texting Xander that we were pulling up, I stepped outside the limo to knock on his home and it flung open immediately.

It opened and I felt a huge smile break across my face. He was wearing a black suit, fitted so tightly against his lean body. His hair had been sleeked backward and his face was cleaned up with a fresh shaven face.