Bound In Ruins- Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Present Day

"I don't think this is the floorplan I last confirmed. Is it?" I asked confused to the construction manager that was on site of the project that we were on.

It was my fifth day in London finalizing some last minute projects that were to launch by the end of the next year. At this rate, it wouldn't be launching for another two years.

"It's what we were given ma'am," The construction lead replied.

Nodding, I gave him the blueprints back and walked out of the development plan.

I hopped into my car that was waiting and sighed.

This project was going to take much longer than I anticipated.

The drive to my hotel was short as it was only right down the road. I was staying in a hotel right in the heart of London, and I couldn't help but think on my drive home.

It was April so of course, the weather was bit muggy in London. The ride home wasn't too long and I admired the streets still filled with people. They definitely were used to the rain over here.

Pulling up to the hotel, I made my to the penthouse and sighed as I plopped on the bed.

I grabbed my phone from my bag and scanned to see if I had missed any messages or emails.

Kai and I had been communicating via text but strictly about business and out calendar for the upcoming month. It seems as if we were going to be around a whole lot more. He hadn't replied to my last text sent last night and I was quite curious as to what he was up to.

I found myself thinking about him quite more than I should have.

Crazy how my life jumped from zero to one hundred with this.

Deciding to get ready for bed early, I showered and changed into some shorts a long sleeved button down pajama top.

I opened the blinds and admired the view I had. I was on the highest floor and my view overlooked a skyline of the London Eye and Big Ben.

Hearing a knock on the door, I was confused. I hadn't ordered any room service.

Walking away from the window, I went to the door and opened it.

Opening, I immediately felt my jaw drop.

"Pick that jaw back up sweetheart, I don't want to spend all my money on Botox when we're older." Kai stated kissing my cheek and walking past me into the room.

I shut the door quickly and turned around, "What are you doing here?" I asked confused.

I must've been dreaming.

"Came to my surprise my adoring girlfriend," He stated sarcastically, throwing his bag on the bed.

"Kai," I asked again, folding my arms across my chest.

He turned around and I took the moment to admire his new sense of attire. He was wearing jeans and a black t-shirt topped with a leather jacket.

I could get used to seeing him like this.

He walked closer to me just so that we were a foot apart.

"Devereux Corp was getting a little dull. And besides, I think you could use some input with the development according to what you were telling me over texts." He stated. I noticed that his facial hair was cleaner, like he had just shaped it up.