Bound In Ruins- Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Present Day

The room was filling up with all thirty members of the Board. I looked at the clock and noticed that is was 4:00 on the dot.

I was nervous this time around.

Today I would propose our expansion project in three cities abroad and I was hoping that they would all be up for it.

I knew that would be wishful thinking.

"Thank you everyone for coming. Let's first go over the logistics, budget, and any concerns you may all have. We will then go over Quarter 2 proposals. If any of you have any questions at any point, please feel free to ask along the way," I stated, causing everyone to silence.

We were in the large conference room as I stood up in front of everyone at the head seat.

After finalizing our proposed budget and running over numbers, I began speaking about the properties that I wanted to go ahead and expand to overseas.

"Do you realize how much money our investors will need to put in, to ensure the success of each of these new locations abroad? This isn't familiar territory we are working with here, we will need double the amount to accommodate the needs and infrastructure abroad," One of my board members stated.

Nodding, I prepared for several contradictory comments, "Julia, I can assure you, we have gone over all the necessary reviews for the budget needed as well as the infrastructure plans to ensure all accommodations abroad. Where is your hesitancy coming from?"

She shook her head before responding, "How are we to ensure that this will be successful? We can't have our investors feeding us their money blindly and not give them any sorts of certainty."

"We have the funds, but what differs these projects over the other?"

"We need an edge, something different than the other projects," Another member threw out.

Comments were flying at me left and right and all of them began speaking over the other.

The glass doors opened and immediately everyone stared, wondering who barged in.

I turned around and saw Kaius swiftly enter and sat on the edge of the table in his gray suit.

"Don't stop on my accord, please. Go on," He stated taking me by surprise.

I had not expected him to be here.

I looked at the board and saw that every one of them were shocked at his arrival.

"Excuse me, but who are you?" Julia interrupted.

Kai smirked and turned around to face her, "That's not important. We'll save introductions for later, right now I'd like to hear what Ms. James is saying."

I smiled at his comment as it shut Julia up.

Kai looked at me, probing for me to continue with my presentation.

"The difference with this project is that it takes on a whole different market appeal. The location, it's astonishing, the concept and approach takes on a modern approach that will be sought out come time of the finalization. We are focusing on every detail in these properties to ensure that this plan will. In fact be successful." I answered firmly.

Mark, one of the members began to speak, "But that doesn't answer how this is different to other projects. What's the edge or difference with this one?"

I looked at him and smiled.

"The difference is that she will have me with her by her side throughout all of this. The public appeal and the conjunction of us will attract a greater market pool and will ensure that this will far more successful than you thought so. It's a great idea, truly. Especially with the design details on the screen. It's different," Kaius replied for me taken me by surprise.