Bound In Ruins- Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Present Day

"And we decided to come back again why?" Kai asked sarcastically as we walked into my flat back in the city.

I laughed, "We're going to be late."

"The party has only just started. We have plenty of time," Kai stated tugging me by my hips into my bedroom.

"No you fool," I giggled as he planted kissed all over my neck.

"We need to get ready. The mayor's charity event is important for us, especially if we're going as a couple. It'll be the first public event we're showed as a couple." I stated sitting him down on the bed as I stood in between his legs.

"You're hot when you're bossy, you know that right?" He stated grabbing me b the hand.

"And your seduction right now isn't working," I lied.

He let out a laugh, causing my insides to burst with joy.

Feeling heat creep its way onto my cheeks, I fought back the emotions ripping through my body that only Kai could cause.

Shooting me a sad smile, he spoke. "Go shower. I need to meet Clarissa downstairs to get my outfit for tonight."

Nodding my head, I walked slowly away from him so that I could go get dressed.

After showering, I let Kai go in and take care of his business cleaning up.

I went straight for my closet that was an entire other room which thankfully had the gown that Harper had ordered for this event.

It was a black satin gown that was perfect for the night.

Fixing my hair and adding some makeup onto my face, I put on my dress.

It must have been an hour that passed and I hoped Kai was ready, if at all near it.

"Kai? You ready to go?" I asked.

We had immediately ran from the private airport to my apartment and were seriously jetlagged.

I knew that it would creep up to us tonight.

Walking out of the closet room and into my main room, Kai responded from my bathroom.

"Coming out now. We should get going." I heard him say as he walked out to meet me.

Stopping dead in his tracks, a huge grin broke out on his face.

"Sheesh, James," He said shaking his head in disbelief.

"I know, I'm pretty hot and you're hideous. Now let's go," I stated pointing to the elevator.

He walked up to me slowly, not breaking eye contact as he reached down to grab my hand.

"Give me a good reason why either of us should leave this apartment right now rather than go into your bedroom," he whispered against my ear sending goosebumps all over my bare skin.

Breathing slowly, I chose my words wisely.

"Because we would never leave otherwise. And you can keep imagining what you want to do to me throughout the night. And maybe, just maybe, we can act out on it when we come back." I answered grabbing his hand and walking us to the elevator.

"Screw a damn Mayor event. This is way more important." He stated frustrated as we entered the elevator.

"But we go. And we come back," he stated bringing my hand to his lips.