Bound In Ruins- Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Rubbing my eyes, I realized that I had fallen asleep on my couch last night.

Looking at my table, I saw the two empty wine glasses and an empty wine bottle beside it. I honestly don't remember falling asleep, but I managed to wake up with a blanket on top.

I stood up, walked over to my bedroom when I heard my bathroom shower running.

I immediately grew confused, running to my nightstand and grabbed my bat.

Walking slowly to my bathroom, I creeped in, slowly walking inside until I got a good view of my shower. It was all marble and glass, so spotting anyone wouldn't be hard.

Gripping my bat harder, I turned the corner and screamed, "Turn around!"

Little to be know, Kai immediately turned around in full morning glory, causing me to squeal, "Fucking Kai! What the hell!" I shouted covering my eyes.

"Whoa James. Trying to kill your future husband? Shit at least let me write the damn pre-nup." Kai responded lifting his hands laughing hysterically.

"Are you shitting me right now! You scared the living hell out of me!" I responded turning around.

"You can open your eyes and stop acting like you didn't enjoy what you just saw," He said teasingly.

I placed my hands on my hips, dropping the bat on the floor.

"You're unreal. Hurry up and get out. I need to shower before going to work." I replied walking out of my bathroom.

"I'm finished, honey! Better get used to it!" He shouted at me as I walked out.

Get used to it my ass. If I have any say which I will, we would live separately. If not, two separate rooms with two separate bathrooms. I'd get used to nothing.

Grabbing my clothes and walking back to the bathroom, Kai had a towel wrapped around his waist as his hair dripped with water.

The view wasn't too horrible, as he truly was a man of God.

Unreal.

You'd be blind to think otherwise.

Biting my lip, I was finding myself hard to be mad at him.

"Did you not go home last night?" I asked confused.

"Nope. We drank too much and you fell asleep just as I was dozing off. It's good preparation though isn't it?" He asked smirking as he dried his hair with a towel.

Walking to my sink, he managed to have found a spare toothbrush and had clean clothes in a garment bag.

"How long have you been up for?" I asked confused. The man was fully prepared for a new day, without even being prepared the night before.

He laughed in response.

"I wake up every day at four in the morning, work out, shower, breakfast. I only need a few hours of sleep. My assistant sent these over to me." He answered and pointed to the bag.

I nodded. The man literally must've gotten only three or four hours of sleep last night. How he was this energetic was beyond me.

"Well, no breakfast to be made this morning. I'm treating you out for dealing with my shit last night. Clear your morning." He stated walking up to me so that we were face to face.

I hadn't even realized how crappy I probably looked at the moment. Morning hair, breath, and face in all. I probably looked like a crazy person right now.