Bound In Ruins- Chapter 22

Chapter 22

6 years ago- College

"I can't believe you did it!" I squealed hugging the life out of Xander.

"I did. God bless." He stated laughingly, hugging me back.

I felt my stomach drop, knowing that it was only a matter of time that he would return back home.

He had told me he was planning on leaving at the end of the month, needing to finish unpacking and sorting through some things.

I silently thanked God for the extra time being given.

"Tonight we celebrate!" I told him excitedly, kissing his cheek.

"I want nothing more than to just sit in my backyard with you, under the fire with a beer in hand, Soph." He stated taking me by my hand as we walked back to his house.

We had just left his graduation where too much of my surprise, his parents decided not to attend.

I understood that they lived overseas, but he was their only son. Xander stated that his mother fell ill right before and opted out on making the trip out here.

That I could understand, but such poor timing.

I was hoping to meeting them today.

To talk to them.

Xander threw his arm over my shoulder and took out his phone.

"For my parents," he stated taking a picture of us.

Laughing, I threw on his cap on my head and smiled as he snapped the photo.

"Now, let's go back home. I want to enjoy every second I have with you." He stated shooting me a soft smile.

Smiling back at him, he walked us away from the crowds and down the street to his place.

Walking into his house, we were bombarded immediately with everyone who had joined his graduation, throwing confetti at him.

"CONGRATULATIONS!" Lennox screamed alongside fifty other people.

Laughing, I noticed Reese pull Xander in for a hug.

"Fucks sake man, you really did it!" He shouted, causing everyone to scream.

Seeing one of the guys throw Xander a beer, he quickly opened it and chugged it as the boys were all hollering.

Lennox came up to me and pulled me off to the side.

"How are you holding up?" She asked, low enough so no one heard as we walked to the backyard.

I nodded my head slowly, "I'm okay."

She shot me a look as we sat near the bonfire.

"Soph. How are you, really? Have you talked to Xander at all?" She asked worried.

I shook my head no.

I couldn't talk to Xander about my apprehension. About my fear.

"You need to tell him Soph. And you need to do it soon." She urged.

"I will. I promise tonight. If not, then first thing in the morning. I swear." I pinky promised.

Lifting up her pinky, she grabbed mine and shot me a sad smile.

"Everything will be alright. I promise you," she reassured.

I felt hopeful, "I know it will be."