Bound In Ruins- Chapter 5

Chapter 5

6 years ago- College

"Where are we going?" I squealed as Xander lifted me upside down.

"Put me down!" I squealed half laughing half fighting him.

"There's something I want to show you," He replied setting me beside a black motorcycle.

"What is this?" I asked curiously.

Tapping the bike, he shot me a wide smirk. "This is my ride. And tonight, you and I are going for a ride." Grabbing a helmet that was in the small compartment in the back, he placed it over my head.

"Perfect," he stated looking right into my eyes.

Looking at the bed, I felt nervous. I've never ridden on a motorcycle before.

"Nervous?" He asked sensing my emotions.

Nodding, he grabbed my hand softly and lifted it to his lips to kiss it softly.

"Don't be. I won't let anything happen to you. But you are in for a bloody good time tonight." He reassured.

Squeezing his hand in response, I wanted him to know that I was trusting him.

Instantly, he lifted me on the backseat and climbed in front of me.

"Wrap your arms around me tight," He stated.

Doing so, I pulled up against his leather jacket softly, not wanting him to think that I was pressed on being close to him.

He started the bike and immediately kicked the gas with his foot and it roared to life.

My immediate reaction led me to grip him harder, with all thoughts about me not wanting to pressed up against him long gone.

I never held onto to another human more than in this moment.

Cruising down the streets, I took in the surroundings and smiled at the view.

Stopping at a red light, he spoke. "Still have no idea where we're headed no?"

"Nope!" I responded.

I heard him chuckle, "Good."

The light turned green and we took off, cruising over the Brooklyn bridge. The views were astonishing. I hadn't ever really relished in the beauty of New York until this moment and boy was I seeing the city completely different now.

Smiling at the beauty of the city, I breathed in the air that was hitting against us.

I had never felt more free.

It wasn't until another ten minutes where we pulled up to a parking spot where he parked the bike and turned off the engine. Climbing off, I instantly felt my adrenaline still pumping.

Taking off my helmet, I felt like I had probably looked like an absolute mess.

Xander hopped off the bike and smiled as he looked at me.

"I look crazy I know," I stated giggling.

He shook his head to disagree, "Not at all. Incredibly actually."

Smiling at his words, he walked closer to me and brushed a few strands of my hair away from my face.

The moment had been intimate, and I was beginning to realize that Xander was more of a gentleman than any of the men I had met.

Walking back to bike, he opened the small compartment in the back and pulled a very small basket and a blanket while placing my helmet into it and locking it.