Chapter 8

(So I JUST started watching Damiens streams bc I'm not a huge video game person but I love animal crossing and umm all he keeps talking about is how much he hates the villager Lucy and it almost hurts to hear lmao, yikesss. Speaking of Lucy, this is what I picture her to look like at this point, she's all Damien but she's so damn cute, enjoy the chapter lovies!)

We've got quite the busy day ahead of us, let me tell you

We've got quite the busy day ahead of us, let me tell you. Today is January 17the meaning it's Lucy's half birthday... I know I know, it's a very white thing to celebrate but she's our first we have to spoil her a little bit. We're not having a full on party but we are having some family over for coffee and cake but first we're going to see a photographer. No, not for her birthday but we wanted to take engagement photos, it's also just an excuse to dress my Fiancé up a bit because he's not a very fancy guy but I love when he gets suited up. We wake up at 9, I was not willing to wake up super early for this, no way. "you can shower first, I'm gonna get Lucy fed and I'll wash her in Courtney and Shayne bathroom." I said, walking into our bathroom and getting the bath tray and baby soap. He agreed and started stripping for she shower while I walked out of our room.

"good morning." I said quietly, peering my head into Lucy's room. She was wide awake and smiling up at me as a peered over the edge of the crib. "wanna do some crawling before bath time." I asked, picking her up from under her arms and sitting down on the floor. I leaned forward and placed her on her knees about 2 feet in front of me then leaned back on my heels. "come to mommy." I squealed, patting the ground lightly. She laughed loudly and swayed backwards and forwards in an attempt to crawl. After a few minutes she managed to propel herself forward and soon she was in front of me. "good girl!" I exclaimed, picking her up and spinning her around and she babbled and giggled excitedly. After that I brought her into the washroom and began to run the bath while I sat on the counter with the baby in my lap. It's crazy how fast time is going, it feels like only yesterday I was in labour and now she's crawling and playing and babbling like there's no tomorrow.

We started giving her baby food a couple weeks ago and she really seems to like pretty much everything but she especially loved applesauce. I was almost done bathing her when damien walked in wearing some gym shorts and muscle shirt. "hey, why don't you go shower. I can finish up here." he said, leaning against the door frame. "she's done actually, can you just hand me the towel." I smiled up at him and reached back as the towel was placed in my hand. I just wrapper her up and handed her off, he can do the drying and all that. "just put a new diaper on and leave her in a robe, I don't want food spilling on her dress." I said and he waved me off. "I know I know now go shower and take your time, I'll feed her and make us some breakfast. Any special requests?" he asked and I told him to surprise me then made my way back into our room to begin getting ready.