Chapter Two

DAHLIA woke up and almost forgot where she was

     DAHLIA woke up and almost forgot where she was. She looked around and realized she was on the floor in Caroline's room. Once Dahlia told her she was going to stay in Mystic Falls for a bit, Caroline practically exploded with joy.

"You are?! Oh em gee, Dahlia! We have to get you registered for school, it starts tomorrow but I think we could go now and OH we're gonna be seniors together and- Wait. Where are you staying?" She interrupted her own rambling.

"I have somewhere." She tried to lie but neither her nor Caroline believed it.

"Okay uh-uh. You're gonna stay over at my place until you find somewhere, or even better, you don't! We could be roommates." She giggled while crossing her arms.

"Really, Caroline? Oh my gosh, thank you! I love you." Dahlia hugged her and realized this was what it was like to have friends.

She saw Caroline come out of her walk-in closet holding two hangers that held different shirts on them. The blonde grinned when she saw Dahlia awake.

"You're awake! I'm sorry, I was going to wake you up but I thought you'd want sleep." Dahlia nodded her head and Caroline gasped when she looked at the clock.

"Okay but now you need to be up. We only have an hour, so chop chop." She snapped her fingers and Dahlia smiled. Caroline was the same 11 year old at heart.

Dahlia came out of the shower 15 minutes later with a towel wrapped around her body. She walked in to see Caroline still having a fashion meltdown. 

"Oh good you're out. Now, which one?" She asked while now holding up two dresses as oppose to the shirts she held before. 

"That one, definitely." She pointed to a short, blue summer dress. Caroline grinned.

"Good choice. You can choose whatever you want from my closet, BTW. I'm gonna go put this on." The blonde left the room and Dahlia walked into her closet. She gaped at all the clothes she had. After 10 minutes of hard decision-making, she finally decided to wear a white and yellow zip up with low rise jeans. She finished her makeup and adjusted her bra. She put on socks and as dumb as she looked, she wore white converse shoes with it. Caroline pointed out her fashion disaster.

"Ummm, with that? Are you sure? I mean it looks good on you but still wouldn't you want to look good for senior year....anddddd I'm rambling again, aren't I?" Dahlia laughed and nodded.

"They're comfy and I like them." She stuck her tongue out and Caroline rolled her eyes and walked out.

"We're gonna be late, let's go!" She yelled from the front door. Dahlia jogged to the door and two got in Caroline's car and drove off.

The two met up with Elena and Bonnie Bennett, who Dahlia smiled at since they had not yet met. 

"Senior year. Let's do this." A determined Caroline said. The 3 other girls nodded their head and the 4 of them walked through the front doors together. 

The day went by fast. Dahlia seemed to fit in well at the school and all in all had a pleasant experience. One odd thing she noticed was when the 4 of them had History together. Caroline, Bonnie and Elena suddenly got all sad once they entered the classroom. Even weirder, they all glared at a tall blonde girl that walked into the class who was also new. Her name was Rebekah. She wanted to ask but instead brushed it off. 

As Dahlia took her books out of her locker, Caroline leaned against the locker beside her.

"Pleaseeeee. Come on! You'd be perfect for the team. I know you can do the tricks and besides, you're gonna look so hot in that cheer outfit." Dahlia groaned. Caroline gave her puppy dog eyes.

"Ugh fine." She said to get the blonde to stop talking. Caroline jumped in joy. 

"Yayy!! Then hurry, we're having a meet." Dahlia quickly closed her locker and the two ran to the bathroom to change, and then out to the football field. As they walked out, Dahlia noticed Caroline staring at Elena who was talking to a handsome brunette on the running track. She rolled her eyes and walked to the group of cheerleaders with Dahlia walking close behind. 

The meet dragged on and Dahlia regretted agreeing to this. After many rules, flips, and glares shared between Rebekah and Caroline, the meet finally ended. Caroline and Elena caught up to one another. Dahlia walked up to them and their talking stopped.

"Oh hey, D. We were just.." Caroline started.

"We were thinking about going to the Grill for a bite. Do you wanna come?" Elena continued Caroline's sentence. The raven-haired girl almost rolled her eyes. Did they truly think they were fooling her? Tired and sweaty, Dahlia said no as apologetically as she could. 

"Oh okay, no problem. Here's the house keys. I'll see you at home." Caroline quickly dropped the keys in Dahlia's palm and Elena waved at her as the two walked away. Dahlia walked to Caroline's place by taking a shortcut the blonde told her about. Her legs ached as her cheer shoes walked in the middle of the empty road.

She combed through her backpack for her waterbottle, and realized she left it on the field. Sighing in annoyance, she zipped up her bag and the house keys fell from her hand. As she bent down to pick them up, she heard a noise, like something moving from the forest of trees beside her. She looked into the trees briefly but brushed it off and picked up the keys. She got up and made it a decent amount of steps ahead before she heard steps against the rubble of the road behind her. Dahlia turned around but was met with an empty road. She strained her neck to see if anyone was hiding and playing with her. She thought nothing of it when there wasn't anyone there and made it to Caroline's house with no more distractions. She walked in and went straight upstairs. She threw herself on her blow up mattress and fell into a deep sleep.

But before she slept, her brain pulled up the road from earlier. She saw someone standing in the trees for a split second, and then they weren't there. She kept replaying it, trying to make out the face. Unable to, she gave into her heavy fatigue and slept.