04

THE FAMILIAR CEILING design made the girl groan as she sat upright

     THE FAMILIAR CEILING design made the girl groan as she sat upright. She rubbed her eyes to get rid of her groggy vision as she looked around. The Salvatore living room was empty for once, shocker! She eyed the door before turning to look at the clock. Dahlia huffed, annoyed at how long she'd been here. 5 hours ago, she was out eating good. Now, she stood in front of a window watching the sunrise. The orange ball of heat peaked up into the sky, getting rid of all darkness in the sky. 

"You're up." Stefan's voice broke out behind her. She slowly turned and glared at him. The dried blood on his white t-shirt told her that he was the one that knocked her out.

"I will fucking skin you alive." He looked at her, pretending to think.

"Well, I wouldn't die. Immortality comes in handy sometimes." He grinned at his own joke. Dahlia sped over and pinned him against the wall.

"Talk." She held his jaw. He pulled her arm down slowly and sped her against the wall.

"I know you switched it off, Dahlia. I was helping you." 

"Helping me? Helping me would've been minding your own business. But no, Superman Stefan always has to come to the rescue." She spat angrily. He nodded in agreeance, which only pissed her off even more. 

"You're right. I shouldn't have interfered with your murder spree that pointed towards you. I shouldn't have gotten rid of all the footage of you biting on humans. I shouldn't have saved your ass." Dahlia scoffed. 

"And why's that? Because you think we're an item now after one depressing night?" The Salvatore looked slightly taken aback. "Well newsflash buddy, we're not. You were hardly a one-night stand." She lifted a hand to his face and gave a fake pout. "Aw, don't look so sad. It's hard being unloveable, isn't it? Elena probably left you because of how clingy you are." Stefan stared at her. 

"You don't mean that." She hummed as she thought.

"Mmmm...yeah I do." Dahlia smirked and walked to the door. As she pulled it open, she found Caroline standing on the other side.

"Dahlia! What are you doing here-" Her voice trailed away when she saw Stefan shaking his head from behind Dahlia. 

"Leaving." Dahlia shoved through Caroline and walked out, until she found Damon standing directly in front of her. "Can I help you?" She spat. He gave a forced smile.

"No, you see, we're helping you." The girl groaned.

"You guys are gonna save me right? Make me switch my humanity back on? That's not happening." Dahlia walked to the right, but the Salvatore moved with her. "Oh, fuck off." She pushed him away and started to get off the front porch before she felt daggers stabbed into her back. The girl suddenly felt weak and dizzy, and passed out into Damon's arms.

Dahlia woke up later with her back and wrists aching. She found chains strapped to her wrists. The small, dark room held the restrained girl sitting against the wall as she fought to free herself. Her pulling and tugging was useless, as the chains didn't budge. The vampire growled under her breath in anger and looked around her jail cell. A feet or two from her were all the vervain needles used on her. Dahlia's anger grew at how she'd been kidnapped. She continued to try and get out of the rusty shackles but was interrupted by a voice.

"That's not doing anything." Stefan said from behind bars on the closed door.

"Get me out of here." She said calmly. The younger Salvatore sighed.

"Not until you switch your humanity back on." Dahlia seethed at him. She felt like steam was coming out of her ears. 

"You think saving me is taking your mind off Elena? Well it's not. How about going and getting your girlfriend back? Oh wait. She's with your fucking brother. How's it feel losing her to your own blood?" She smirked as she knew she hit him where it hurt. 

"Good. You're angry, which means you feel something. " Dahlia was caught offguard by his response. She wanted him to get angry and come in. The girl watched him walk off through the small window in the door, and howled after him.

"GET ME OUT." She banged the chains against the wall, making a loud banging noise. She kept going until her arms got tired. 

As she sat there for what felt like forever, her rage grew. Dahlia began to shake uncontrollably and felt her under-eye veins bulge out. She shrieked as she pulled her wrists away from the wall with everything within her. The chains ripped from the wall, leaving the girl with cuffs still around her wrist. She slammed them against the wall and watched them break off. She massaged the burning, red flesh around her wrist to try and soothe the pain. 

Her eyes shot to the door and she stood up. She walked up to the door and took a deep breath, before kicking it. When nothing happened, she continued to kick until finally it broke open. She smiled and walked out. 

She found herself in what looked like a basement. Dahlia scurried down the hall and found a window. She kicked it and cleaned the extra glass from the corners. The girl crawled out of the window and got up at the side of the house. Elena's car sat in the driveway, and made for a good getaway car.

Dahlia sped over to the car and almost laughed at Elena leaving the car open. She got in and forgot that she didn't have a key. She began to hotwire the car, and after many tries, she finally got the engine to start. The girl saw the front door fling open and Stefan, Damon and Elena gaping at her. 

She quickly drove off and didn't look back as she decided where to go. Finally, she decided she'd pay a visit to her old lover and his baby mother, Niklaus.