Chapter Sixteen

Dahlia's nose was glued to the new book she'd bought from the bookstore in town

Dahlia's nose was glued to the new book she'd bought from the bookstore in town. "Pride and Prejudice" was apparently very popular, so she decided to purchase it.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife." A thick accent rung out from in front of her. Dahlia lowered the book to see a blonde man in front of her. She recognized him as one of the many that lived in her family's boarding house.

"I'm sorry?" He pointed to the book. Dahlia smiled softly.

"Oh! I just started." She looked up at him and realized how attractive her housemate really was. "You don't strike me as a man that fancies romance literature." He smiled.

"People can surprise you." He said. "My apologies, I've yet to introduce myself. Niklaus Mikaelson." She reached her arm out as required to. He held her hand in his and bent down to kiss it softly. Bristly hairs from his face grazed her hand as he pulled away and placed his hands behind his back.

"I'm Dahlia Vixen." She stood up in front of him. He studied the features on her face. Her bright blue eyes were soft and welcoming, much different to his. The way two pieces of hair fell down and framed her face. Her porcelain skin that had a little too much powder on it.

"That's a beautiful name." Dahlia bit her lip to suppress her smile.

"I could say the same for you." He waved his hand lazily.

"I much prefer Klaus." She shook her head.

"But why? Niklaus is so...enigmatic." He smirked at her words.

"Then Niklaus it is." She smiled at him.