Chapter Thirteen

THE SALVATORE house was massive for just the two men, Dahlia noted

      THE SALVATORE house was massive for just the two men, Dahlia noted. As she brushed her fingers against the books in the enormous bookshelf, she glanced around the living room. Crimson coloured curtains were pulled back to reveal the large window letting in the morning sun. A fireplace laid unlit against the wall with a painting atop it. She stared at the ceiling as she thought about the previous night.

"Dahlia. Talk to me." Stefan spoke softly to her as they stood outside the Mikaelson's mansion. She looked at his blood-stained shirt and was overwhelmed with guilt.

"I'm so sorry." She put a hand on the stain, on his chest. He looked at her with pity and put his hand on her wrist reassuringly.

"It's not your fault." He spoke but her eyes were stuck to the red on his shirt. "Hey. Look at me, Dahlia." She finally unglued her eyes and gazed into his green eyes. They were a soft green that emitted kindness and warmth. His eyes didn't hide lies and secrets like Klaus' did.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He watched her intently. She bit her bottom lip and shook her head.

"Not here." He nodded.

"Come with me." He led her to a vintage-looking car parked in front of Klaus' house. The car had a red shine to it, even in the dark night. 

"Old soul?" She tried to relieve of the tension and teased the vampire. He rolled his eyes.

"I really like this car, actually." He held the passenger door open for her as she got in and he went around to the driver's seat.

"Oh yeah, I'm sure everyone loved it too. 50 years ago." She spoke as he turned on the car.

"Sorry, can't hear you over my awesome car starting." Dahlia laughed as they drove to the Salvatore house while conversing about Damon taking Elena from Stefan. The girl watched him speak with bottled sadness and gloom. Even though he tried convincing her he was okay, she could tell he really wasn't. Her heartstrings pulled in pity for him as she could tell he was still in love with her.  

They pulled up in front of the gigantic house and stepped out. The house looked old, but still elegant. She gaped as she looked up and around once she saw how big it really was.  Although she'd been here with Klaus, it all looked so much bigger. Stefan merely smiled at her astonishment and led her inside. Inside, it all looked even more grand. She saw Damon sitting across the fireplace with a drink in hand in the living room. Stefan sighed and walked up in front of Damon. 

"Could you leave for a bit?" He asked. Damon scoffed.

"And exactly why should I do that?" He spoke while his drink swayed around. Stefan clenched his jaw. Instinctively, Damon looked over towards Dahlia like he sensed her presence. He gave a smirk and got up, drink still in hand. "What's going on here?" He pointed towards both of them while raising his eyebrows up and down.