Chapter Seven

THE girl watched the big hand on her bedside clock barely move

     THE girl watched the big hand on her bedside clock barely move. Dahlia laid on the immense bed with the soft white sheets wrapped around her. She randomly woke up way before she usually did for school, about two hours too early. She wanted to stay awake, but she slowly dozed off into fantasy.

"Hello?" She couldn't see past the heavy fog surrounding her. As she stepped forward, she found that she was in a graveyard. She took a deep breath when she realized this was the graveyard where her mother was buried. She walked past the creaky, black gates and into the cemetery. Tombstones stuck out from the brown ground. The girl ignored all the other tombs and walked straight to her mother's. She saw the square tomb with her name written.

"Elaine Vixen. 1976-2012. Mother, friend and..." Dahlia squinted as she tried to read the next word. She didn't remember adding anything else. She got closer to try and see. She almost tripped on the flowers rested on her grave when she read the word.

"Vampire." The word was written in blood. Her heart raced as she looked around as if the vandalist was still luring around. Her knees fell against the dirt. She took her sleeve and rubbed it against the shiny tomb to try and remove it. As hard as she rubbed, the blood was still there. She finally fell back and felt tears well her eyes. She wanted to cry her eyes out. Her tears slipped out and her nose became congested. She sniffled but stopped when she heard a noise. The girl wiped her tears and tried to look through the thick fog but couldn't make out anything. Dahlia stood up, but froze when she felt the presence of someone around her. 

She turned and was met with an attractive brunette man. He had thick, bushy eyebrows and a cleft chin like Elijah. He had a see-through smile plastered across his face. The girl thought he looked so familiar, but dismissed the idea.

"And what's a pretty girl like you doing in a cemetery alone?" He asked, his voice dripping with fake comfort. She gave a forced smile.

"I was just passing. I should go." She nodded and walked past him and out the rusty fence. She looked back to see if he was still there. Something was bugging her about him. She didn't know how but she knew she recognized him. She turned around to be met with the man again.

"Leaving so quick? We just met." He smirked. She bit her lip.

"I'm Kol. Kol Mikaelson." He introduced himself. She gasped and turned to run away. The man was there again. 

"Please don't hurt me." She stepped back slowly as he followed her forward. 

"What makes you think I'd hurt you, love?" She almost believed his words until his eyes turned a bloodshot red. Black veins bulged out under his eyes and his smirk turned into a smile with his fangs revealed. He sped to her and grabbed her neck. He pulled her head to him and Dahlia felt his sharp teeth stabbed against her neck.

Dahlia shot up from her sleep inhaling sharply. She took several deep breaths as she looked around the room to see where she was. She gave a sigh of relief when she saw Klaus on the edge of her bed, staring at her in an unreadable expression.