03

STEFAN AND DAHLIA tried their best not to make eye-contact while waking up and getting ready for the day

     STEFAN AND DAHLIA tried their best not to make eye-contact while waking up and getting ready for the day. Stefan grabbed his clothes that were thrown across the floor and took a walk-of-shame into the bathroom. Dahlia quickly changed and headed downstairs so she wouldn't see him. What happened the previous night really was a mistake. They were both heartbroken and were tossed away by people they loved, which led to what happened.

 Dahlia walked into the kitchen for breakfast, but was met with the older Salvatore sitting on the table, staring out nowhere. He had a pancake vandalized with whipped cream sitting in front of him. The girl took a deep breath and reassured herself that they weren't loud, and that he couldn't know.

"How was it?" His voice rung out from behind her as she looked in the fridge. She closed her eyes and mentally cursed herself. Of course he heard.

"How was what?" She took out the orange juice and set it on the table. 

"You and my baby bro. Things were getting pretty steamy in there if I do say so myself." Dahlia scrunched her face in disgust.

"Ew! Why were you even listening, pervert?" She poured a cup with juice and took a sip as he pointed his fork at her.

"Aha! So you two were making love." Dahlia set her drink down and exhaled sharply. She threw the butterknife sitting next to her hand at the man with excellent aim. He caught it just in time and set it down while raising his eyebrows.

"I'm just saying. It's good you two are together. Now you'll shutup about Klaus." Dahlia stiffened at his name. Her head spun as she remembered everything. She didn't know how she forgot about him. The girl walked out of the kitchen and sat outside by the door. She shut her eyes to make it all go away, but it was of no use. The girl saw memories of the two flashing in her head. When they first met, when they first kissed. All of it. Her head pounded with old recollections of him. She started to remember him ditching her, and felt her heart break all over again.

 It was then where she remembered why she even wanted to be a vampire anyway. To turn her humanity off. The girl sat there bouncing her leg up and down in thought. What if she couldn't be brought back? She'd heard about how Stefan was when his humanity was off and how hard it was to bring him back. But a part of her didn't want to be brought back. If her humanity was off, she wouldn't feel all this nonsense anymore. She wouldn't care for Niklaus anymore or waste anymore time crying over him. She was going to do it.

Dahlia took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She searched for her humanity switch in her brain and felt herself find it. She swallowed slowly and turned it off. As the imaginary light switch flicked off, she felt like a brand new person. When she opened her eyes again, she felt so stress-free and relaxed. She thought of Niklaus and felt nothing for him. No sadness, no love, no anger. It was all gone. 

The girl stood up to find someone to cure the hunger she was feeling. She remembered Stefan telling her to follow his animal diet, but she brushed it off. The only blood she was having was fresh human blood and nothing else. Her feet dragged her to the Mystic Grill where she stared at every passerby's neck on the way. The chatter from customers ate at her brain as she searched for a potential human bloodbag. 

Her eyes landed on a short blonde talking to a group. Dahlia walked by to a table and as she sat, she listened to their conversation.

"She's totally a bitch. We should, like, kick her off the cheer team. I'm much better anyway." The aforementioned blonde said. Dahlia physically sneered at her entitlement. She watched the mindless girls standing around her nod and agree. 

"You're so right, Kay." A less confident voice said. 

"Ugh. It's Kaylee to you. You're lucky you're even hanging out with us right now. Anyway, I'm gonna fix my eyeliner. I'll brb." Dahlia laughed at how the fool literally said "B R B". She watched her sashay to the bathroom and followed her in.  

Inside, the girl stood in front of the mirror with an eyeliner stick held up to her eye. The vampire walked by her and hit her shoulder into her back, causing the blonde's eyeliner to jab her eye. She yelped in pain and turned to face the girl while holding her eye.

 "Excuse me?! What the hell, bitch! You just made me stab myself." Dahlia smirked. 

"That's probably the least of your problems right now." Kaylee's eyebrows furrowed in confusion while Dahlia listened to her heart beat. Uncontrollably, Dahlia's eyes turned a bloodshot red and her pupils constricted. The veins under her eyes popped out in a black shade. Her fangs broke through her gums and revealed themselves as the vampire smiled maliciously at the now shocked blonde. 

"Help!" She managed to yell out before Dahlia attacked her. The vampire dug her teeth in her neck, sucking on the human blood she'd been desperate to feed on for days. The taste took over her sense of moderation, and she kept going even though she knew she should've stopped. Her head finally came up for air. 

Breathing heavily, she realized she'd had enough of her boring blood, and cleaned the crimson red staining Kaylee's neck. Dahlia couldn't leave her here; she was the last one in here with her. She picked up the girl's eyesore of a scarf from the ground and wrapped it around her the bite mark. The vampire tossed the girl around her neck and walked out, playing it as though Kaylee was too drunk to function. She left the grill and walked into an alley, where she threw the girl out of her way.

Dahlia didn't go back to the Salvatore house that night. She was sick of how invasive yet secretive they all were, and sped freely where ever she wanted. An idea struck her on how to get more blood. Remembering Damon's brilliant method, she set a trap based on the empathy of humans. From road to road, she laid still in the middle of the street, face up. Cars always stopped and the drivers scurried out, offering their help. 

And when they thought they'd carried out an act of kindness and headed for their car again, Dahlia dug her teeth in their necks from behind. She sucked the sweet liquid until she felt the lack of blood. 

The girl tossed them aside like a chocolate wrapper and headed to her next road. Until her grand plan came to a halt when something hit her on the head, causing her to blackout.