Chapter Fourteen

A WEEK and 2 days

     A WEEK and 2 days. That's how long it had been since the Mikaelson ball, and since Dahlia found out about Klaus lying to her for no apparent reason. She'd spent the past days crashing at the Salvatores, overstaying her welcome. Stefan didn't care, but Damon was annoyed. She didn't know why he was annoyed; he was the one having constant sex with Elena. It was all she ever heard and that was just with her normal human hearing. Poor Stefan probably heard every sound. Pathetically, her mind flickered to when she and Klaus were once the same as Damon and Elena. Dahlia hated herself over how any small thing would make her think of him. But that was all she could do. Think about why he lied and manipulated her. Even Stefan couldn't find a plausible reason that explained why he did it. 

She realized she was doing it again; racking her brain about his deceiving ass even after she told herself she'd stop. She zoned back in and was met with the ceiling above Stefan's bedroom. Dahlia was sick of how sluggish she'd been lately and decided to forget about Klaus. Forget everything he said, every stupid smirk he gave, every lavish gift he gave. All of it.

The girl hopped out of his bed and threw on another pair of Elena's clothes. Afterall, she didn't have her clothes since they were all still at Klaus' house and she did not intend on going over there. She ran downstairs with an idea in mind; a roadtrip! She walked into the living room to see Bonnie, Jeremy, Elena, Caroline, Damon and Stefan all speaking very quietly. She mentally groaned. Why would she ever think that there wouldn't be a problem concerning them? 

Caroline saw her and tapped Elena who then stopped talking. 

"D! Hey!" Elena said with a little too much enthusiasm. Dahlia almost rolled her eyes, but decided to take the high road.

"Hey. Whatcha guys up to?" She threw herself on the couch next to Stefan. They all looked at each other. Dahlia picked up the pair of keys sitting on the table next to her. "Let's do something fun! I'll drive." She smiled but it slowly faded as no one said anything. 

"Now's not the time, Dahlia." Damon said with a glass of scotch in hand. He was day-drinking but she was really not surprised.

"Well when is the time? What new problem is there that you guys are hiding from me? I already know about vampires and witches and werewolves." Her voice rung out. The tension grew between them all as she was met with silence, again. She scoffed and got up from the couch. "Fuck you guys." She stomped to the door and heard Stefan's voice from behind her

"Dahlia, wait." She opened the door anyway and banged it close. She knew she shouldn't have thrown a temper tantrum, but they were all treating her like a kid. The warmth engulfed her while she walked out of the Salvatore driveway. Dahlia didn't know where she was going but she just wanted to get some fresh air. She kept walking to the shops in the town. Her feet stepped against the sidewalk leading to the Mystic Grill. She figured she'd go there since she was hungry anyway. 

The girl pulled the door open and stepped in. Her eyes were drawn to the bar for some reason and she found Klaus sitting there. She tried to move but was glued to her spot staring at him. His side was only visible yet he looked so careless, like he didn't completely break her heart. When he stood up, she quickly ran out of the place. Dahlia ran into a random store across the street and watched Klaus look around before walking off. A breath of relief escaped her mouth and she turned to look at what the shop was. As if she was the butt of some joke, there stood Elijah. He was purchasing a bracelet of some sort and was already looking at her. She awkwardly smiled and left the shop. 

Dahlia scurried down the sidewalk to get away from the Mikaelson that called behind her. She ignored him and bumped into something in front of her. He was there in front of her with an unreadable expression.

"Elijah! Hey buddy!" She pretended like she didn't just abruptly run away from him. He rolled his eyes.

"Dahlia, I heard what Niklaus did. I really am sor-" Dahlia held her hand up to stop him from talking.

"I don't care for him." She stated with false comfort. Elijah noticed her smile slightly twitch.

"Niklaus is a calculating, manipulative person." She didn't say anything and looked away. He held her arm in understanding. "I can't explain why he did this, Dahlia, but it was presumably planned." She shrugged his hand off and scoffed.

"So he was planning to lie to me? That made everything much better!" Her eyebrows knitted together in anger. "Why are you even defending him?" She sneered. The Original sighed.

"He's family, sweetheart. As much as I hate him, I know that he doesn't do things like this for no reason." Dahlia glanced at him and realized he wasn't lying on behalf of Klaus. Still, he didn't give her a reason so she still hated him.

"Well, I still hate him. If he was planning something, why doesn't he tell me what it is?" Elijah clenched his jaw in thought. The two stood there foolishly trying to piece together what grand plan Klaus had in mind. The girl finally grew tired of it all and decided to leave.

"I've gotta go." She stepped back as Elijah gave a tight-lipped smile.

"I'll see you, Dahlia." She turned and walked away from the vampire. Now that she knew Klaus had something bigger planned, different questions ate at her brain. Why was he planning something on her? When did he plan it? Did he know about her from before? And most importantly, what was the damn plan anyway? Forgetting about him was easier said than done. 

That night, Dahlia went to bed with things still tense with Stefan, even though he was sleeping right next to her. While she thought about Klaus once again, she also started to think about vampires. She remembered Klaus telling her about how they could turn off their humanity and stop feeling. The thought of that was enchanting, and absolutely what she needed. Had it been any other day, she probably would've called herself crazy. But right now, she had made up her mind. She was gonna turn into a vampire.

authors note

heyy i don't really make these but i'm gonna start

this chapter was short and boring sorry but it gets better :)

also i luv elijah so so much #mybaby