Chapter Eleven

REBEKAH stormed into Dahlia's room with multiple garment bags on her shoulder and arm

     REBEKAH stormed into Dahlia's room with multiple garment bags on her shoulder and arm. She tossed the clothes on the floor and marched over to Dahlia's bed.

"You're still asleep?!" She screeched into the sleeping girl's ear. Dahlia groaned. 

"Get up, now." Rebekah pulled the blanket off the girl, leaving Dahlia laying there with a pillow covering her face. 

"Five more minutes." Dahlia muffled from under the pillow. Rebekah forced her up by twisting her hand. 

"Stop! Okay! I'm up." She hopped off the bed unwillingly. The blonde let go of her hand and started talking while Dahlia glared at her.

"These are all potential dresses for your execution tonight.." She interrupted herself with uncontrollable laughter. Dahlia crossed her arms and glowered at her. "I'm sorry, I just- Anyway." Rebekah finally breathed out. She looked the annoyed girl up and down.

"You look like a zombie. Go take a shower and I'll choose a dress for you. If it fits." Rebekah commanded. Dahlia trudged to the bathroom and locked the door. She turned on the shower and sat on the edge of the bathtub, lost in thought. The day she dreaded was finally here. She couldn't think straight at all; her almost walking into the shower fully clothed proved it. She stripped down and showered. She came out after what felt like an eternity in there. Even though she knew she couldn't, she tried to hide in there. She came out of the bathroom to find Rebekah sitting on the edge of the bed, only now she was fully dressed for the ball.

"No, take your time sweetheart. It's not like there's a bloody ball this evening." Her accent barked. Dahlia gaped at how well the girl cleaned up.

"Rebekah, is that you? You..you look presentable for once." Dahlia laughed. Rebekah rolled her eyes. The ground was barely visible as it was covered with a variety of elegant ballgowns. She'd never seen one ballgown, let alone 15.

"So...what am I wearing?" Dahlia asked while looking at each one. Rebekah pointed at a burgundy dress on the ground. She picked it up and handed it to Dahlia before exiting her room. 

Dahlia took a total of 2 hours to get ready, and she was rushing. She put on her dress cautiously, afraid she'd rip it. She zipped the back up and stared at herself in the mirror. The dress was an off-the-shoulder dress with a deep V neck. It hugged her waist perfectly and the dress poofed out at the bottom. It was detailed with real crystals all over the dress, shining in her reflection. Her hair and makeup was done, she'd decided to simply curl her dark hair. Rebekah also gave her a pair of sparkly, silver heels to wear with the dress.

While she admired the dress in the mirror, she saw someone standing in the doorway. She turned to find Klaus in a black tux. She had to stop herself from audibly gasping because of how good he looked. He slowly walked up to her with his hands behind his back.