Chapter Eight

CAROLINE'S voice barked at her through the phone

     CAROLINE'S voice barked at her through the phone. Dahlia was already awake and knew she was going to be on time, but Caroline wanted to meet with her before the pep rally. 

"Just hurry up and meet me at school." Dahlia rolled her eyes.

"Caroline, the rally doesn't start until 10am. It's 7:30." Dahlia could almost hear the steam coming out of Caroline's ears.

"Cheer isn't something where it's bad to be early."

"You're a vampire, why do you even care about cheer?" Dahlia said as she brushed her hair. The line went quiet for a bit until Caroline spoke.

"I don't know...you're right. It's dumb, right?" Caroline said sadly. Dahlia bit her lip. Her words were so insensitive. 

"No! Cheer is great. I'm sorry, Care. Don't listen to me, okay? I'm talking out of my ass." She said as she traced her lips with her pink lipgloss.

"It's okay. Look, I'll see you at school. DON'T be late." Caroline was back to herself and ended the call. Dahlia realized she didn't have her cheer outfit and it was with Caroline. She wore her black shorts for cheer practice and an oversized t-shirt. She wore her shoes and grabbed her bag on her way down. Once downstairs, she threw herself on the leather couch as she pushed her books in her bag. She felt someone in the room with her and looked up to see the man she was starstruck over. He walked over and looked out the window.

"The pep rally's at 10, by the way." She said. He didn't reply so she got up and walked towards him.

"Klaus?" She touched his arm and felt his muscle. 

At that point, she had no control over her actions. She felt up his arm lightly and he turned and looked at her, slightly taken aback. She bit her lip and watched the man's lips. Suddenly, she broke the distance between the two and felt her lips crash against his. For a second, he didn't return the kiss and Dahlia felt foolish. But then she felt his lips kissing hers back. His hand slithered around her waist and he pulled her closer. She cupped his cheeks and felt the kiss deepen. One of his loose curls fell atop her forehead. She pulled away when she remembered the pep rally. She gave him a small smile which he returned. She left the house without saying anything to him and got in his car. The blue-eyed blonde touched his lips and smirked as she left. 

While driving, Dahlia was exploding with happiness. Her lips tingled and her lipgloss was gone after it was smeared against Klaus' lips. She parked and hopped out. As she walked into the decorated gymnasium and towards Caroline, she couldn't contain her smile. Caroline, Elena and Bonnie eyed her suspiciously. Elena and Bonnie had come early to help decorate the gym.

"What are you so chipper about?" Caroline asked. 

"What? Nothing. Why?" Dahlia responded. Bonnie and Elena laughed once they figured out what happened. Caroline, however, stood there confused.

"What?" Elena and Bonnie glanced at Dahlia.

"No." Caroline finally pieced together what was happening.

"I don't believe it." She shook her head. She looked over at Dahlia who had a guilty look.

"Did you kiss him?! Why!?" She stood there wide-eyed.

"How was it?" Bonnie interrupted. Elena giggled. 

"It was amazing." The girls giggled together as Caroline tried not to. She finally gave in.

"I still don't like him." Dahlia rolled her eyes and began practicing the routine. 

After practicing for an hour and a half, there was 30 minutes until the pep rally. Caroline was as nervous as ever, whereas Dahlia was waiting for a certain someone. She hoped she wasn't too forward and he'd still come. Caroline freaked out when she saw Dahlia still didn't have her cheer uniform on.

"Go, wear it. HURRY." Dahlia quickly ran to the changeroom and changed into the uniform. It was a blue two piece. The shirt was a long sleeve V neck that had Timberwolves written on it. The skirt was blue and yellow, and very short. As she bent to pick up her clothes, she felt her entire ass reveal. She brushed it off and wore her white cheer shoes. Dahlia looked at herself in the mirror. Caroline told her to keep her hair down since she had the main part, but she hated cheering with her hair down. She got all sweaty and just plain gross. 

She walked into the gymnasium again and noticed Caroline was talking.

"Okay guys. No pressure, but the entire school and some parents and others are watching. So this is no time for mistakes, got it?" The team nodded. She grinned.

"Then let's do this!" Everyone cheered and shouted. The team went outside and waited until the gym was full. Dahlia peaked through the door occasionally to see if Klaus had come. She watched the bleachers fill up, but still no sight of Klaus. She was disappointed but it wasn't his obligation to come. She sucked it up and watched Caroline motion the team to go. Her part was last so she watched the team run out and do their part. She waited until it was her cue. 

Dahlia walked into the gym behind the group. She stood behind them, waiting for her part. The flags pulled away one by one to reveal her in the middle of all the cheerleaders. Dahlia did what she was supposed to, a roundoff back handspring. She landed with her back to the bleachers. She turned and faced the people. A flag was tossed her way and she caught it. She swayed it back and forth and faked a smile. She searched through the bleachers one more time and saw him. He sat there amid all the humans with his signature smirk. The two locked eyes from across the gym. Dahlia felt a genuine smile grow on her face and she waved at him. He kept his smirk and nodded. 

The team skipped away out the side doors. Caroline huddled the team around her and spoke with a contagious smile.

"That was amazing! Especially you, D." Dahlia gave a toothy grin. The team listened as the principal dismissed the school. Caroline shoo'd the team out of the gym and walked with Dahlia to the parking lot.

"So are you and Klaus, like, dating?" Caroline asked bluntly.

"Honestly, I don't know. But I only know that I feel something for him. And I know that sounds so bad considering all the things he's done but...I really like him." She saw Klaus standing by his car and waved. Caroline stopped walking and spoke.

"Dahlia, you know I'm not one to judge. But you really have to be careful with him. He backstabs his own family. He's killed his sister and brothers repeatedly." Dahlia glanced over at Klaus who was looking away but had a smirk of amusement on his lips.

"I'll be fine." She whispered when she realized he could hear them. Caroline sighed.

"Okay. By the way, Rebekah invited me to some ball the Mikaelson's are throwing." Dahlia raised her eyebrows but didn't say anything.

"I know, it's weird. But I'm gonna go since I have nothing better to do. I take it you'll be there?" 

"Yeah, I'll be there. And so will Kol..." Caroline squeezed her hand. 

"Don't worry about him." The blonde's phone started to ring.

"I gotta take this. But I'll see you there, okay? Text me!" She hugged the raven-haired girl and walked off. Dahlia gave a light jog towards Klaus.

"Hey." She suddenly felt awkward. His pigmented lips rose into a smirk as he watched the girl squirm under his gaze.

"Let's go home. I have a surprise for you." He whispered in her ear and held the passenger door open. She bit her lip and stepped in.