01

DAYS PASSED as Dahlia learned how to properly be a vampire

     DAYS PASSED as Dahlia learned how to properly be a vampire. Daylight rings, compulsion, and vervain were all some points Stefan taught her. The Salvatore refused to let her step out of the house until she fully proved she was capable of controlling herself, which wasn't ideal for Dahlia who was weak. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't fight the hunger or answer the silly test questions he prepared. Her mind wasn't on vampirism and drinking blood, not in the slight. She was busy thinking about Niklaus. How she'd tell him she was back. A smile grew on her face at the thought of his reaction. A century had passed without him, but now that she was back, eternity with him sounded too little. The girl remembered their first memories together and felt butterflies in her stomach. She was in love with him all over again.

"Drink up, we're gonna be testing your speed today." Her thoughts were interrupted by a cup being shoved in her face. Stefan was forcing her on his animal diet, which she hated. 

"Yippee! What's today's five-star meal? Squirrel? Rat? Wait, wait. Is it a bunny?!" She faked being excited. Animal blood was repulsive. She didn't understand how he drank it instead of sweet, tasty human blood. Her mouth watered at the thought of drinking human blood.

"Cut it out. I'm trying to help you, Dahlia." The girl rolled her eyes. Old Dahlia would normally be kind, but she's been alive for over 2,000 years. She didn't owe anyone kindness. Her soul was tired and in need of love. 

"No. You know what, you can take your horrid roadkill blood, and I'll go find some yummy human blood." He grabbed her arm when she tried to walk away.

"You're not going anywhere. You'll kill someone." For moments like these, Dahlia had made a wooden stake. Not to brag or anything, but she thought it was super groovy. She sped to pull the stake from the inside of her heavy-ass hiking boots and stabbed it in Stefan's chest. His grip loosened and he fell on his knees, groaning.

"Pretty cool, huh? I made it myself!" She giggled. He looked at her in a weirded out expression as he moaned in pain. She grabbed his face and pouted. "I'm sorry. You're so sweet. You're just really clingy, baby." Dahlia realized his hand was on the stake to pull it out so she beat him to it. She pushed it in and twisted and turned it around. He was breathing in and out fast. "Okay, bye. I'll be out, but then we can practice my speed." She blew a kiss and trailed off, leaving Stefan with a stake in his stomach in the middle of the forest.

Dahlia went to Caroline's house to find something nice to wear for when she went to reunite with Klaus. She could not believe how drab and boring Elena's clothes were. The vampire climbed a tree near her window and punched it, breaking the glass. As she tried to get in, it was like she was being blocked by an invisible barrier. She reached her arm in and was stopped. She groaned and went to the front door like a normal person. She rung the doorbell and waited. When there was no response, she kicked the door and it flung open. A scared Caroline ran from the kitchen and stared at her in bewilderment.

"Well this is awkward." 

"Dahlia?! What are you doing?! You just kicked my door open. What is going-"