9

The next day Evan and I were off to school. As we walked through the doors and towards the principals office I could feel everyone's eyes on us. They were probably wondering why another new kid was suddenly in town. Gwen spotted me first before making her way over. "Hey!" Gwen greeted me. I quickly introduced Evan as she made small talk with him while I tried scanning the crowds for Alexander. There was no sign of the Greek God much to my dismay. Damn, I wanted just a little bit of eye candy before class, is that too much to ask for? Evan received his schedule and I was pleased to know he didn't share every class with me. I showed him where to go before making my way over to first period.

Lunch rolled around and I was sitting next to Alexander before Evan decided to join us. "Hey cousin" he smirked. I cringed, he was just rubbing me the wrong way and it hadn't even been a full 24 hours yet. Alexander let out a small growl as he glared at Evan. I let out a small chuckle and placed my hand on his lap to calm him down. I had assumed he knew about Evan ever since we walked into school this morning. After school Alexander came by my locker and walked me over to my car.

"Hey, so I uh wanted to ask you something." Aw he sounded so nervous. My crush on him just skyrocketed about 10 points. "Yea sure anything." I replied. Alexander paused before looking into my eyes. "Would you like to go out with me this Friday?" He asked. Holy shît, there's no way. Alexander King just asked me out, that's it my life couldn't get any better. I quietly tugged my hands together and pinched myself just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Sure enough I felt pain! That meant this was real!! This was real and not just some beautiful fantasy of mine. I blinked up at him and slowly smiled. "Of course. I would love to go out with you." The smile on his face blew me away. God this man was stunning. And he was all mine.

The drive back to my house seemed almost non-existent. My body and mind were on auto pilot, constantly replaying that moment when Alexander asked me out. I had a stupid smile on my face as I quietly giggled to myself. "What's got you in such a good mood?" Evan asked. Annnd just like that my moment of happiness disappeared. This cousin of mine could turn my smile upside down in a matter of seconds. "Nothing. Can't I just smile every once in a while?" Jeez man get off my back I thought. "No. No you can't Denver. Now are you gonna tell me what happened between you and wolf boy?" I huffed and turned to glare at him. "For your information. Alexander asked me out." There was some silence before Evan blurted out his response. "Hmm, I see. So a human that has the ability to turn into a dog wants you to go out with him and you immediately jump at the idea? You're better than that Denvie. You are so much higher than he is and he doesn't even have any clue." What the fück? He did not just refer to Alexander as a dog. I mean technically yes he is of a related species, but only I could say that. The term coming from anyone else was highly offensive and quite frankly it pissed me off. Also who the fück gave him permission to give me a nickname? Denvie?

I turned to him faster than lightning. "First off, whatever happens between Alexander and I is none of your business. Second, don't call me Denvie. And third, we're home, so get out of my car." I quickly made my way to the door and tried to make a bolt for the stairs to retreat to the haven of my bedroom. "Woah, Denvi - I mean Denver, slow down. I'm sorry okay, it was just a joke, I didn't mean to offend you." I looked at Evan and could tell he was shocked by my previous outburst and seemed genuine in his apology. My eyes softened and some of my anger dissipated. Key word, some. 

"It's fine" I sighed, "Just don't do it again okay? I'm sorry I blew up a little, I don't know why, but I just know that I like Alexander a lot and if you don't have anything nice to say, then I'd appreciate if you didn't say anything." He nodded in acknowledgment and let go of my hand before I continued to make my way up to my room. 

As soon as I got in I closed the door and threw my bag on my desk. Ugh I don't know where my sudden attitude came from. My whole life I've always been so calm and peaceful. I hardly swore and was never one to get worked up so easily where I would snap like I did just moments ago at Evan. I sighed, maybe I just needed a quick nap. That would solve all of my problems. But before that I knew I needed to consult two of my closest friends. They had been there for me since day one. The true OG's. Ben and Jerry. I quickly made my way down to the kitchen and made myself a serving. God I loved ice cream. 

******************

There we have it folks, another chapter! I know this one's a bit shorter and it's kind of a filler... I just want to work on building up the characters and their relationships with one another before diving into the good stuff!! 

Fear not, more is coming!

Please don't forget to vote or comment if you can! I appreciate all of youuuuu :)