17

Alexander's Point of View

Why wasn't she waking up? It had been almost 45 minutes since I had marked Denver and immediately after she had fainted. I had her up in my room laying on my bed as the pack doctor looked over her and ran a couple more tests. "Alpha, nothing seems to be wrong with the Luna. All the tests came back negative, so she is physically fine as far as I can tell." 

I growled unhappy with what I was hearing. "Then why the hell isn't she awake?!" The pack doctor flinched before stuttering. "W- well, uh, it c- could be that the Luna's body is just in shock from receiving your mark." I rolled my eyes. "You may leave." I said as the pack doctor quickly grabbed his things and left. 

I looked over to my mate. What's wrong with mate? Damien had been on edge ever since she passed out on us. I don't know. I wanted to yell and scream and punch anything I could get my hands on. This was my fault. I marked her and now she's like this. I quickly mind linked my dad to come to my room so he could help me. Maybe I did something wrong?  I asked Damien. He only growled and whimpered, he was in distress and it was causing both him and I to be completely unstable right now.

My dad knocked on my door before coming into my room. He looked at my mate and I growled not liking the fact that another male was looking at her. Even though he was my dad and I knew he would never hurt her, my wolf saw everyone as a threat.

He looked up at me, eyes slowly turning black. His wolf was still Alpha and he didn't like being disrespected, but he understood the situation I was in and let it slide. I paced the room back and forth. "Dad, I don't know what's wrong with her. One second I was marking her and the next she fainted in my arms. I don't know what happened. This is all my fault." My voice nearly cracked at the end. I couldn't lose her. I just couldn't.

"Son, this isn't your fault. You know that." He tried to calm me down, "Are we sure she's human? Something just seems different about her... I just don't know what. She has a strong aura though, much stronger than a regular human." 

My eyes snapped up to him. "She isn't human." He looked up in shock. "What is she?" He asked. I wanted to tell my dad, but I didn't want Denver to think I betrayed her trust by telling her secret without her permission. Damien told me she would understand. This was for her safety, my dad needed to know. Maybe he could help. "She's an angel."

He sighed. "Alexander this is not the time for jokes." I frowned... "It's true dad, she's an angel." He paused and looked back towards Denver. "Who else knows?" 

"No one. Just me." I replied. "Okay." He said. "Listen here's what we'll do. Her body is clearly in shock and since we've never actually met an angel, I'm guessing her body is trying to decide how to accept your mark. Technically your DNA is now mixing with hers and I don't know what that's like." I closed my eyes trying to calm my wolf. My dad was right. This was new to all of us. I don't think even Denver knew what would happen.

"You should call her parents, maybe they can shed some light on all of this." I nodded, that was a great idea. I was actually a little pissed that I didn't think of it sooner. I quickly grabbed my phone and called her parents. It rang for a few seconds before her mom answered. "Hello, Mrs. Pierce? This is Alexander. I'm really sorry to bother you and call unexpectedly but is it possible for you and your husband to come over? I need your help." 

Shortly after I called, Denver's parents came over. Her mother gasped as she looked over at my mate. "Oh, my baby." She quickly went over to her side checking for any injuries. Her dad sat next to her on my bed trying to see what was wrong before frowning. "Nothing is really wrong with her." He says. Then he looks over at me. "You marked her correct?" I gulped before nodding, "Yes sir."

Mr. Pierce looked over at his wife and it seemed like he was communicating something only she could understand. "Denver will be okay." I sighed in relief. "Her body is in shock and is trying to adjust to your mark. I'd say give it a couple more hours and she should be fine. Since you have werewolf DNA that is mixing with her angel side, her body placed her into a temporary coma to complete the process. Granted angels have never mixed with any other species, but as soon as I suspected you were her mate, I did my research. I haven't found anything about your relationship to be a threat to my daughter's wellbeing, which is why I allowed you two to keep seeing each other." I paused, there was no way he would have kept me from my mate, but I knew he meant well and was just protecting his daughter. I would have done the same.

"I think she should stay here for the night, when she wakes up in the morning, she'll need you by her side." I nearly jumped for joy as I heard her dad say this. "There's no where else I'd rather be sir." He smiled before he and his wife kissed Denver goodnight. "We'll be back in the morning to check on her, we'll know when she's awake." I nodded my head before escorting them out.

It was late and I was exhausted. I quickly made my way back to my room before taking some blankets and pillows and laying them on the floor next to the bed. I gave Denver a kiss on the forehead. "Goodnight, my love." I laid down on the floor barely getting a wink of sleep all night. All I wanted was for Denver to be okay. I needed her to be okay.