10

Denver's outfit above. Ladies and gents, let's get ready for date night!!

************************************************

Alexander's Point of View

I did not like this Evan kid one bit, I know he was supposed to be Denver's adopted cousin, but my wolf and I still hated the idea of a non-related male living in the same house as our mate. I had planned on asking Denver out officially later today. We had been spending a lot more time together and I wanted to take the next step in having a relationship with her. I had planned on taking her out to dinner this Friday and the fact that she said yes just about made me the happiest wolf on the planet.

I thought back to when I asked her out in the parking lot. She even pinched herself to make sure it was real. Haha, my mate was just too cute for her own good. Suddenly my wolf Damien piped up. Haven't you ever wondered what our mate is? I paused and thought about it before asking him why. Well it's obvious that she isn't a wolf, but I don't think she's 100% human either, I can feel it. I just don't know what she is... he trailed off. To be honest I never gave it much thought because as soon as I laid my eyes on her, nothing else mattered. She was my mate, human or not.

Friday rolled around and I was getting ready for my date with Denver. I knew how much she loved pasta so I made reservations for us at the best Italian restaurant in town. It would be a clear night and after dinner I was going to take her to a nearby park and stargaze. I pulled up to her house and made my way to her front door. Denver's parents greeted me and much to my delight Evan seemed to be out of the house for the evening. I heard footsteps coming down and as I looked up I felt the breath knocked out of my lungs. She was beautiful. Her entire outfit and look for the evening only accentuated her natural features. I was blessed to call this beautiful girl my mate.

"Hi" she shyly greeted me as she took the last step. "Wow, you look stunning." I couldn't hide the stupid smile on my face even if I tried so I just let it get bigger. "Aw, my baby is growing up." I looked over to Denver's mom to see a few tears in her eyes as she snapped a few pictures of us. Her dad then piped up, "Have fun sweetheart and don't be out too late." Denver grabbed her purse and grabbed my arm as we made our way out. "I'll have her back by 11pm sir." I replied. This girl meant the world to me and I knew her parents meant the world to her, so I was going to do my absolute damn best in respecting their wishes.

We pulled up to the restaurant and were quickly seated in a private corner by the windows. I quickly mind linked the chef after we placed our orders asking him to make our food personally. My mate deserved the best. As we ate dinner we talked about everything and anything that came to mind. From our favorite movies, to songs, and hobbies. I shared a bit more about myself and my family. That one day I was going to take over the family business from my father. 

"What about you Denver, what do you wanna do?" She paused for a second. "Well I'd love to travel, I'd love to go abroad and visit a ton of different countries... Europe, Asia, Latin America. Anywhere and everywhere really." She laughed. "But I doubt my parents would let me." I frowned. "Why  not?" "Hmm, I don't know, just a feeling I guess. They've been a bit more protective lately and I haven't ever been apart from them for long periods of time." I looked at her. "Well maybe one day I'll take you. We can go anywhere you'd like, name it and I'll make it happen." She stared at me before letting out a few giggles. "Yea ok sure. Just make sure you have our private jet ready." She laughed some more. "Ok. If that's what you want." I replied in all seriousness. She stopped and looked at me as I smirked. This girl honestly thought I was joking. Haha oh little mate you had no idea what's in store for you. You asked me for the world. And I just granted your wish.

After dinner I took her over to the park and we laid out some blankets on the hood of my car. We laid back and looked up at the stars. She sighed and I looked over to her. "What's up?" I asked. She kept her eyes up towards the sky, "The stars, they're all just so beautiful. It's like no one knows how beautiful they are until it's dark all around us. But they're always there, even when we can't see them. I don't think I've seen anything so beautiful, so peaceful." I slowly grabbed her hand and squeezed it. She was right, the stars were exceptional tonight. But out of all the lights up there, she shone the brightest. "There are a lot of beautiful things in this world Denver, you just have to be willing to accept them."

A few minutes of comfortable silence passed and my heart started beating a bit faster as I thought about what I was going to ask her. "Denver" I said. She turned to look at me. God I was so nervous. I quickly leaned in for a kiss. As my lips touched hers, sparks and fireworks erupted like the fourth of July. Kissing my mate was amazing. She was my first and I'd do everything I could to make her my last. I felt her gasp and I deepened the kiss slightly. She brought her arms around me and ran her fingers through my hair. I growled and slowly pulled back. I opened my eyes and held her in my arms. "Be my girlfriend?" I whispered. She gasped and looked back at me with so much emotion through her eyes. Admiration, shock, curiosity, amazement before she finally settled on an answer. Her answer. She placed her hand on my neck before bringing me in for another kiss, but not before I heard whisper back a word that would change my life forever. "Yes."

*********************************

Aaaahhhh! Here it is. Chapter 10 and our Alpha's very first kiss :)