21

War...

War...

That was all I could think about all night as I laid awake in bed. It was a foreign word to me. Something that I only watched in movies or studied in textbooks. I had never lived through a war before. 

Obviously other angels knew what had happened between Alexander and I. Tobias made it clear that my marking had alerted heaven to our current location. I feared for Alexander and his pack. I didn't want anyone to get hurt, especially for my sake. I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Alexander convinced me that his pack would gladly fight for their Luna, he swore to protect me with his life and had the audacity to get mad at me when I said I'd gladly give myself up to guarantee the safety of everyone else.

I sighed and turned towards my window looking out at the night sky. Tobias and my parents had discussed their strategies for hours and I had eagerly listened, wanting to help in anyway I could. After all, this was my fault.

It was currently 2am and I had felt restless. My mind ached with its constant overthinking. Sleep was out of the question. All of a sudden I heard a knock at the window. What the hell? It sounded like a rock.

I made my way over and looked out, sighing in relief when I saw Alexander climbing the tree up to my balcony. I chuckled, this wolf was crazy. Opening the window, he jumped in and embraced me in a hug, placing a kiss on my mark.

"I knew you couldn't sleep. I can feel how restless you are." He spoke.

I smiled sheepishly, "Sorry." I winced.

He chuckled, simply placing a kiss on my forehead before lying on my bed and placing my body on top of his. I instantly relaxed. 

"Try and get some sleep baby. I'll be here when you wake up." 

I nodded and hugged him tighter. In a matter of minutes I was fast asleep.