13

Alexander's wolf above ^^ 

***********************

Almost a week had gone by since my first date with Alexander. My parents and I had discussed a lot of things. I was absolutely determined to make my relationship with Alexander work. Come hell or high water, he was mine and I wouldn't let anyone or anything take him away from me. Not even some thousand year old angels back home. 

I had been spending almost all of my free time with Alexander and even going over to his house after school. I enjoyed spending my time with him and his friends, everyone was extremely welcoming and made me feel as if I was family. I was currently sitting on the couch with Sophie and Gwen watching a movie."Hey you," I turned and saw my handsome boyfriend smiling down at me. "Hey" I said. "Come on let's take a walk." I heard the girls let out some ooh's and aah's trying to get the best of me. I giggled before taking Alex's hand and going outside.

We walked until we came to a small clearing past some trees. It was beautiful and I had to admit, as much as I loved the city, nature never ceased to amaze me. "Denver" Alexander spoke up. "I know that we haven't been together for long, but I just wanted to let you know how much I care about you. I'd never do anything to betray your trust or harm our relationship. I really really like you Denver." 

I smiled "Of course, I know that." I replied sincerely. He smiled at me before continuing. "What I'm about to tell you might be a bit of a shock, but I need to get this out before we go any further." Hmm I guess he was finally going to tell me that he - "I'm a werewolf." And there it is. 

I looked at him stoically. In my head I thought, well duh I already knew that silly. But I kept my face neutral. This was a big secret for him and I loved that he trusted me enough to tell me. Maybe mom and dad were right, I was most definitely his mate. The thought made me giddy inside. "Ok" I replied. He looked at me in shock before placing the back of his hand on my forehead. Haha cute, he thought I was sick. "Denver, did you hear what I just said? Are you feeling ok? I think you might just be in shock, come over here and sit down." He rambled on and I pulled back his hand before facing him to me. "Alexander, I'm fine. I heard you loud and clear. You're a werewolf." 

Silence. Now it was my turn to place my hand on his forehead. Did I break him? Why is he so quiet. Is this part of his plan or is he is actually sick? "Hello... Alex? Are you alright?" I waved my hands in front of his face. He looked at me before grabbing both of my hands and holding them in one of his. 

"You're ok with this?" He asked me. I frowned "Why wouldn't I be?" I asked him. I could feel his emotions all over the place. They were so strong. Confusion dominated all else, but I could also sense, happiness, relief, vulnerability, and worry. Now it was my turn to speak. "Alex, it doesn't bother me that you're a werewolf. It makes no difference to me. I accept you for who you are." He stared at me in amazement. "I know that this probably isn't easy for you, but for humans to think they are the only ones on this planet, is absolutely crazy. There has to be a ton of other supernatural creatures out there and the fact that you just admitted that to me solidifies that theory." I paused. "I'm also going out on a limb and saying that most of this town is filled with werewolves and so is your sister Sophie, and pretty much everyone I've met since I arrived here." He nodded before saying yes. 

I smiled at him, "It's fine Alexander, I really don't have a problem with it at all. If anything I think it's cool." He chuckled and shook his head in disbelief. "Denver Pierce you are amazing." I smiled "I know." He pulled me in and gave me a kiss pouring in his love and appreciation. I kissed him back with just as much. We broke away breathless before he placed his forehead on mine. I was in complete bliss. "Could you show me your wolf?" I asked. "If you want to that is."

Alexander looked at me before smirking and stepping back. "Sure princess, just don't run away, my wolf Damian loves a good chase." I giggled, the thought was amusing and even though it was a little nerve-racking, I knew Alexander would never hurt me. In fact I think it would be fun to have him try and capture me. But we'll save that for later. He started taking off his shirt and I stared as his muscles rippled and flexed. I think I drooled a little. "Take a picture babe, it'll last longer." I quickly focused my attention back on his face. "Eh, you're not bad." I lied right through my teeth and I think Alex knew it too because he just rolled his eyes before shifting into his wolf.

The sound of bones cracking made me grimace a little and before I knew it a giant brown wolf was in front of me. "Woah" I whispered. His wolf was beautiful. He was also huge, Alexander was well over 6 feet tall in his human form, but his wolf added a good 2 feet to his height. His fur was colored in different shades of brown with hints of gray, white and black. And his eyes glowed a brilliant amber which I loved. He came up and trotted over to me slowly before nuzzling my hand with his nose. I gently stroked his fur and his wolf purred. I laughed, "Your wolf is beautiful." I was absolutely amazed. If anyone told me a year ago that I'd be in the middle of nowhere petting a giant wolf who was also my hottie of a boyfriend, I would've said they were on crack and tried to lock them up in a mental institution. Yet here I was, in the flesh and not having a single clue what I did to deserve this amazing creature in front of me.

He moved back before shifting back into his human form. I averted my gaze as he tossed on a pair of shorts. I'm guessing his werewolf blood kept him warm enough not to freeze during winter. He held my hand and we started to make our way back. "Alex, why did you decide to tell me you were a werewolf?"

"Well, you're extremely important to me Denver and I knew that I had to tell you if I ever wanted our relationship to go anywhere." "Oh" I responded. "Do you believe that there are soulmates out there?" I thought to myself, well yes I do, because I'd bet a million dollars that you were mine. I made a sound of acknowledgement before responding a simple "Yes."

"In the werewolf world, a mate is a wolf's other half. He or she becomes that person's entire world. They are literally designed to complete every aspect of a werewolf's life. It's a hundred times worse for an alpha male. Once they find their mates, they are extremely possessive and never want to be separated from them no matter the cause." He continued on. "You Denver are my mate. And I'm an alpha. Once I mark you, I'll take over the pack from my father." I nodded in understanding. I still wasn't sure on all the aspects of the werewolf world but I'm sure I'd be learning a lot in the next few days. "So, just to be clear... I really am your mate?" He spun me around in his arms, "Yes Denver, you are." I smiled and pulled him down to give before giving him a kiss. 

A mischievous feeling took over me."Well then, let's have you try and catch me, Alpha." And with that I took off running back in the direction we came from and towards the house. I heard a loud growl before Alexander took off after me. I let out a laugh of excitement and just as I was about to reach for the door I was swooped up off of my feet and into the arms of my lovely mate. "Gotcha." He said. I smiled as we made our way inside. I was completely and utterly in love with this man. I knew from that moment on, I'd do anything for him.