24

It was silent all around me except for the sobs that raked through my body. I held Alexander in my arms. I looked around us wishing that someone could help, but I know no one was able to. My mate was dead.

All the wolves howled in despair, feeling the loss of their Alpha. The angels that fought us were now dead and I had killed Tobias and Michael. I don't know what came over me, but I had drained them for all they were worth. I had their powers and I felt nothing as I watched the last bit of their life force vanish. The look in their eyes did nothing to ease my pain. 

If I was my normal self, I would probably be frightened and terrified of what I had done, but that's the thing. I wasn't myself. I didn't care. Not without Alexander. 

Evan ran up to me with a sad look on his face. He tried to reach out to us, but I yanked Alexander away from his grasp.

"Don't touch him!" I screamed. 

He jumped and slowly stepped back. Aurie, Gwen, and Sophie looked at me in pity. Sophie more so, since Alexander was her brother. Tears streamed down their faces. Each of their mates protectively behind them in case anything happened. I was extremely unstable right now and they knew it. They had seen what I had done. Good. They should all stay back. No one is going to come near me. No one will touch him. 

Alexander.

The thought of him broke my heart into even more pieces as I looked down at his lifeless form. I cried, begging him to come back.

"Please, please don't leave me." I cried. "I love you. I love you so much." I held him closer to me as my body shook. I wanted the pain to end. My life was over if Alexander was no longer in it.

"Honey..." I growled as my mom tried to comfort me. My dad was next to her as they both knelt on the grass near my mate. I didn't want their comfort. I didn't want their pity. I wanted my mate.

I looked up at my mom. She looked broken, almost as broken as I did. I felt like I was dying and by the look on her face she knew it too. She broke down crying and with it my anger turned into sadness, then pain, then anger again. It was a never ending cycle.

I gripped Alexander closer to me. His warmth was leaving his body, which only made me cry harder. I felt useless. I wanted to burn everything to the grown. Killing Tobias and Michael wasn't enough. 

My mom slowly reached her hand out over mine. She held me as I mourned my mate. 

"Dad, can't you bring him back?" I wailed. I knew it was useless, my father could work miracles sure, but bringing back the dead wasn't one of them. I begged anyways.

My dad just looked at me with sadness and despair. His silence was my answer.

"Mom.." I cried again. She just held me tighter as I sobbed. 

All of a sudden I stopped. I had an idea. 

My silence must have scared everyone as they waited for my next move. I turned towards my mother.

"Send me back." I said.

She looked at me in confusion, before she realized what I meant. I wanted her to send me back in time. I knew she could do it. That was her ability. Time travel. It hadn't even been an hour since Alexander had been killed, she could do it. It was still possible.

"Now!" I demanded.

She frowned in worry and looked over at my father. Why was she looking at him now? I was the one asking the question. Her indecisiveness was starting to piss me off.

"Look at me damn it!" I screamed. I would have felt bad for talking to my mother this way. I would never have spoken to her like this, but we were running out of time and I was trying to save my mate's life.

"It could be dangerous Denver." She sighed.

"I don't care mom. Send me back. I know you can do it. I know you can't send me back that far and going back before the war even started is out of the question." I paused, thinking things through. "Just send me back right before Tobias picks up Michael's spear. That's all I need." I looked into her eyes. "Please." I begged.

She sighed and I knew I had won. She nodded before grabbing my hands and closing her eyes. 

My surroundings started to blur and morph around me. Voices became distorted and it was like looking into a twisted version of a kaleidoscope. Everything around me blended into one before tearing apart into a million pieces.

Time travel was an entity of its own.

I closed my eyes as things started to spin faster around me. Then everything stopped. 

I released the breath I was holding and opened my eyes, slowly looking around. I was still in the field, but I could see everyone fighting. 

It worked.

I quickly looked for Tobias and saw him picking up Michael's spear. I ran over faster than I have ever ran in my entire life.

"Tobias!" I screamed.

He ignored me and released the spear, throwing it with all his might.

"No!" I screamed.

I threw my hands out and suddenly everything stopped. 

Everyone was frozen, the spear was mid air, hovering above the ground. Nothing was moving. I looked around in shock. What is this? I looked over at my mom trying to figure out if this was her doing. Time was currently frozen. Could she do that?

I looked over to see her body rooted to her spot, just like everyone else. I was the only one moving. It was me. I froze time. 

Once I realized this I grabbed the spear. I didn't know how long this would all last. I broke the spear in half, tossing one end and keeping only the end with the blade.

I walked over towards Tobias. Time slowly started to move again and before he broke out of his frozen state, I stabbed him in the chest.

Everything resumed back to normal. Tobias looked at me, his eyes wide. I smirked at him. I hadn't gone for the kill just yet. I was going to make him suffer a bit.

He fell to the ground, the blade still lodged deep into his chest. I grabbed him and began to drain his powers. I knew what I was, a reaper. I could reap an angel's powers and life force for my own. It was the last thing going through Michael's mind before I killed him.

I looked at Tobias as I watched his life force drain. He suddenly knew what I was. The thought made me happy like no other. I watched as he took his last breath before I leaned in and whispered to him.

"Don't worry, Michael will be joining you soon." I smiled sweetly at his terrified expression. Two seconds later he was dead. 

I felt his power rippling through my body, lightning made its way to my fingertips. 

I looked over to Alexander and wrapped a force shield around him pushing him back from Michael. He landed on he ground with a thud and looked at me trying to figure out what I was doing. I kept him there, safe.

I zapped a lightning bolt at Michael, hitting him square in the chest, followed by two more bolts just for the fun of it. He screamed in pain. I smirked. I liked seeing him in pain. 

I quickly scanned the area. All the other angels that came with them were dead. It was just Michael and I now.

I went up to him and wasted no time before I grabbed his head and reaped his powers. Just like Tobias, his eyes widened in shock and I reveled in the feeling. 

"That's right." I whispered. "I'm a reaper." 

The look on his face was priceless and I'd treasure it forever. Seconds later, his body hit the ground. Michael was dead.

****************************

There it is folks! Denver has multiple powers and she's a reaper :) 

What do you guys think so far? More chapters coming soon :)