15

The semester was nearing it's halfway point and winter here in Michigan was starting to pick up and let me tell you, I absolutely loved the cold. I know, a little weird, but hey that's me. Since Alexander had confirmed that I was indeed his mate, I had asked my parents if there could be any potential side affects of having a werewolf mark an angel. Technically since it has never happened before, we weren't really sure of anything. My theory was that since we shared similar genetic makeup to humans, I would be fine. I just hoped I was right.

After school, we decided to hang out at the local cafe. By we I meant Sophie, Gwen, Aurie, myself, and the boys. I decided to call them my little gang, it was quite cute. I took a seat in the cafe after I ordered a slice of chocolate cake and much to my delight there was a fresh batch that had just come out of the oven. Score!

I felt tingles on my arm to find Alexander taking a seat beside me. "Hey princess."  He winked as I gave him a smile before snuggling up to his side. Ugh he smells so good and he's always so warm. I was about to take a bite of my cake before someone beat me to it. And that someone was my mate. "Hey!" I frowned and looked up to see him smirking down at me. "Haha, sorry princess it was just too good to pass up." Ugh no matter how much I wanted to be annoyed with him I couldn't, my heart just wouldn't let me so I continued to eat my cake sharing a few bites every now and then with Alexander. 

Almost two hours later we were heading out. The gang was heading back to the pack house, but I didn't want to leave Alexander just yet so we decided to take a walk around the park. Since it was cold out, there weren't many people, which was really nice. Alexander held my hand as I decided to bring up the topic that has been nagging my brain for the past few days.

"Alex, how many other supernatural creatures are out there? That you know of?" He looked down at me before thinking about his answer. "Well there are obviously werewolves" he laughed. "There are also vampires, witches, fae ..." he continued to list a couple of other species but not the one that I wanted to hear. "What about angels?" I asked. Now at this he stopped walking and we stood in the middle of the field. 

"Angels?" God please don't let him think I'm crazy. "I don't know honestly, I mean I've never heard or seen one. I'd say they don't exist, but that would be pretty stupid considering what I am." He continued. I fidgeted, and could feel my palms start to get sweaty. For some reason, I was so nervous. 

"Denver, what's wrong?" To be fair, it was a pretty decent answer. There wasn't much known about our species and the limited information that was out there was either false or extremely hard to find. There weren't many other species angels were close with since most of them didn't really reside on earth. After all I hadn't even known that much until recent.

I looked down at my thumbs, "What if I told you angels were real?" Yep he most definitely thinks I'm crazy now, but that's just too bad because this sucker is mated with me for life. Alexander placed his hand on my chin before gently lifting my face and staring into my eyes. "What if angels existed, would... would you be okay with that?" I asked. He hesitated a bit before nodding. "It would be fine Denver, but what is your point?" I took a deep breath before blurting out my answer. 

"Uhm well, I'm sort of an angel." I gave him an awkward smile praying that he would believe me. Gee look at that an angel praying, how ironic. There was a moment... more like a few moments of silence before he said anything. "Denver baby, I'm not sure what exactly you mean. I can tell you are human." 

I sighed "Are you sure? You sense that I'm 100% human, nothing else?" He paused, "Well my wolf could sense something different about you, we just weren't exactly sure what it was." I smiled okay good, this was progress. I can work with this. "Look I can prove it" I said before taking a few steps back and creating a small force shield around us. I waved my hands and collected the energy particles around us creating a barrier. 

I looked up at Alexander to find him staring at me in shock. "What, how..." he trailed off not knowing what to say. "Surprise?" I said, although it came out more like a question. He lightly touched the shield before recoiling as a small zap shocked his body. I rubbed his hand hoping to soothe it. "Yea about that, usually no one can get in or out once I create the shield." I giggled.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" He asked. I could sense that he was a little hurt I kept this secret from him but most of the emotion he portrayed was curiosity. I gave out a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to keep this from you. It's just that this isn't only my secret to keep. Telling you would also expose my parents and it wasn't until you confirmed you were my mate that I decided I could."

Then before I knew it his lips swooped down to capture mine. I gasped in shock as it started off gentle before turning into something more needy and passionate. He pulled away and held my head in his hands as his thumbs brushed my cheek. "Are you mad?" I asked. He chuckled shaking his head. "No baby, never in a million years could I be mad at you. And I understand why you couldn't tell me right away, but thank you for sharing your secret with me. Thank you for trusting me."

What can I say, all this weight that was on my chest was immediately lifted and I felt like I could finally breathe. He didn't freak out on me, he didn't run or abandon me. I loved this man. "Come on, it's getting dark, we should get going." He says pulling me out of my trance. We held hands as we made our way back.

"Wait..." I looked back to see Alexander's eyes grow wide. "What did you mean once I confirmed you were my mate?"

I chuckled. Oh great, here we go again.