22

I heard giggles and laughter all around me. I was currently outside, the sun was warm on my skin. Two little girls ran around circling my legs as they tried to catch each other. I smiled.

"Mommy, mommy!!" One of the girls looked up at me. Her brown curls framing her face. She was missing a tooth, but her grin was priceless. 

I looked around wondering where her mother was. I couldn't see anyone else and I looked down at her questioningly. Where was her mother?

"Mommy!" She said it again and stared at me, tugging on my shirt. I frowned, why was she looking at me. Surely I wasn't this little girls mother?

"She's trying to catch me!" She squealed again. I assumed these two girls were sisters, they looked practically identical, the one speaking to me was older by a few years. The younger one gave up and sat on the ground next to my legs, exhausted from chasing her sister.

"Denver, baby" I gasped, I knew that voice anywhere. My mate, Alexander. 

I spun around towards the house and watched as he walked out with a little boy no more than a 6 months old on his hips. Was this my family? I looked down again at the girl. She had Alexander's eyes and my hair. It then dawned on me. She was my daughter... These were my.. our children.

I smiled as Alexander game up to us and placed a kiss on my lips. I smiled in content. 

"Ewww! Stop kissing mommy!" The little girl looked at me trying to push herself between us. I laughed. My other daughter pouted as she sat on the ground. I picked her up and held her as our oldest ran around us. She was a ball full of energy, this one. I laughed as I watched her.

Suddenly the scene around me darkened. I could smell smoke... why could I smell smoke? Was there a fire? What was happening? 

The house behind us quickly became engulfed in flames and my children disappeared. I panicked. "No!" Where were they?

Alexander was gone too. I was alone and the fire was spreading faster, growing wild. I felt my chest constricting as I tried to find my family.

"No!" I screamed again, louder, hoping someone would hear me. Where was Alexander? I screamed and screamed, but my body felt paralyzed. The smoke was suffocating.

I felt someone shaking my body. What's happening? 

"Denver, wake up! Come on baby wake up!"

I slowly came back to my senses and opened my eyes, jolting up in my bed with a gasp. Was that just a dream? It felt so real... Alexander was looking at me intensely, worry coated his expression.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"U-uh, yea... Sorry just a bad dream I guess." My voice was quiet. I looked around my room. Something was off... I could smell something. My eyes widened as I inhaled and looked at Alexander. It was smoke. The smoke from my dream was real.

"The pack house is on fire. DJ and Trevor managed to get everyone out safe. We don't know what happened, but it's spreading fast. We need to leave now." He rambled as he pulled me out of my bed. 

We grabbed my parents and ran out of the house. Alexander needed to get to his pack. We had to help and make sure everyone was safe. I could see the flames from here. 

When we arrived, most of it was contained, none of the wolves were seriously injured thankfully. Some had shifted and were running around the area, trying to discover how bad the damage was. I couldn't believe this was happening. My dad was trying to tend to anyone that needed help. I looked over at my mom, she seemed to be in deep thought.