14

Alexander's Point of View

I couldn't believe it, she accepted me for who I was. For what I was. I mean I was hoping she would, but I guess I expected her to freak out on me a bit more. She was amazing and I was lucky to be her mate. Even my wolf was a bit shocked at her reaction, but elated nonetheless. 

We had just walked back into the pack house and Sophie and the girls looked over to Denver and then to me, silently asking if I had told her. I nodded and they all squealed in excitement. They got up to hug her and were finally relieved to be able to tell her everything and anything without any secrets. I had mind linked my pack letting them know that they could let their wolves out in comfort. Their Luna knew our secret and accepted us for it, I could feel the relief and happiness flowing through the pack link. I was glad Denver finally knew. It was hell for me having to keep our secret from her and I couldn't be happier.

The girls were chatting away and asking Denver what she thought of us to which she happily replied. I made my way over to the guys before taking a seat at the kitchen bar. They all smiled at me happy that their Luna had accepted us. "So" DJ said, "When are you planning on marking our Luna?" All the guys chuckled and wiggled their eyebrows at me. I scoffed "Shut it, I haven't told her all the details yet, but I'll only move forward when she's ready." My wolf Damian on the other hand was impatient. He wanted to mark and mate Denver immediately but I told him that this was all for Denver. Rushing into anything wouldn't fare well and I would never force her to do anything she wouldn't want to. 

I could hear the girls telling Denver all about the mated life. She blushed as she made eye contact with me while I smirked. I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life with her. It was getting late and I knew Denver would have to be home soon, so I decided to rescue her from all the mate talk and drive her back home.

The car ride back was peaceful and I held Denver's hand in mine while my other rested on the steering wheel. I could tell she wanted to ask me something, but she was hesitant. "What's going on in that little head of yours?" I asked. She began chewing on her lip and I could feel my eyes darkening. "Is it rare to have another species as a mate? I'm not a wolf so does it affect you in anyway?" I thought about it for a bit. There were quite a few cases of wolves being mated to other supernatural creatures, although humans were the second most common mate after wolves. "It's not unusual for a wolf to have a mate of another species. Especially since you're human." 

She hummed in response and fiddled around a bit before asking me another question. "Are you going to mark me?" I froze and turned towards her. "Baby, I'd love nothing more than to mark that pretty little neck of yours, but the real question is are you ready? You have to realize that once I mark you, that's it. Your emotions will be amplified due to me being an Alpha. I'd also love if you would move into the pack house with me. It'll physically hurt to not be around one another and I want you to be sure about all of this before I mark you." She thought about my answer. "Also once I mark you, we'll most likely be mated by the next full moon." She blushed furiously and I could hear her heartbeat increase. "Oh" she responded. "Okay, that could work, I suppose."

I chuckled, "You can think about it Denver and give me you answer once you've decided. I don't want you to feel pressured, but I do need you to give me an answer." She squeezed my hand and gave me a peck on my cheek. "I will." I pulled into her driveway and walked her up to the door. "Goodnight Denver, sleep well princess." She blushed before heading indoors. "Goodnight Alex." And with that I made my way back to my car thanking the Moon Goddess that she was my mate.