12

Hello my glorious readers :) I present to you chapter 12.

This will be more of an informative chapter that deals with Denver's background so any questions you have may be answered here below. Enjoy!

***********************************

Angels. That one little word held so much hidden meaning and power behind it. A vast history, a history that was easily twisted and equally mysterious. Let me break it down for you.

From what I know based on the information my parents have provided, is that angels are unique creatures. Angels do not reproduce on their own. They are created. And the fact that I existed meant that my parents broke the rules the moment I was conceived. Two angels had never procreated. It was unheard of, hence the reason why my parents left their home of origin and settled on earth. 

All my life I thought angels were just like me. I just thought we were more of a rare breed since I had hardly ever encountered them. But I was wrong. There were hundreds of thousands of angels back home. Past the glorious barrier that humans called the sky and up into the heavens of the universe. Angels are weaker when away from their natural home, which was probably the reason why I felt so much like a human. I bled, cried, and got sick like the rest of my human peers. 

All angels could live very long lives. We were strong-minded creatures and had the ability to defy mortality with our sheer will. Whenever an angel was created, they were gifted with one power. Some could control minds, shape-shift, time travel and fly (yes, I know what you are thinking, no not all angels can fly, but our mode of transportation is similar, we all have the ability to transport our being from one place to another. Only high ranking officials have wings, but those are just more for looks and to let you know how high up they are.) Some angels had the ability to control the elements of nature i.e. wind, water, earth, fire, lightning. A common thread among us was that we could always read emotions and sometimes if the connection was strong enough, we could read the mind. In addition all angels could teleport and our due to our genetic makeup we would seldom find ourselves sick or injured. Some could say we were immortal, but of course immortality always has a loophole. Only an angel could kill another angel but to do so would bring great misfortune because our powers would have to be used for evil. It has happened before, there have been wars in our particular history, but to take another angel's life would make you a fallen. And there were not many angels left in heaven who wanted to brand themselves as fallen.

My dad had the ability to heal. He was extremely gifted and some of his peers back home even thought that he could defy death at some points. He could scan a person's body and pinpoint exactly what was wrong with them. It was probably why he went into medicine. He could extract the sickness or injury from a body, it was just a matter of draining out the bad energy so that the person could be healed. Not many could do it and very few could succeed. My father was exceptional with his powers. It took a strong will to do so because extracting someone's sickness could also kill you and if you were not careful, the sickness would take your life instead. It was only a fair trade. Such was the price for being able to defy death.

My mother had the ability to time travel. She could travel a few minutes into the past or the future never more because time travel was already disrupting the natural order of things. If an angel was willing to mess around with time, he or she would have the ability to start or cease wars, it all depended on what they were willing to change. My mother could not stop time and it was rare that she ever traveled through it. 

Tobias had the ability to wield lightning. He could create small bolts of energy and zap them from his fingers. It was pretty cool to be honest. Once when I was little he visited us back in Seattle. He had let his lightning grace the sky as I giggled looking out the window. Whenever it was dark and I couldn't sleep, he made me a little nightlight out of pure electricity. I still had it with me. It was a small glass container that held a pure lightning bolt. Lightning always amazed me and it was my favorite gift Tobias had ever bestowed upon me. 

Evan had the power of fire. I know annoying, but that was not a bad power to have. It could be a dangerous element if you didn't know how to use it. As much as Evan annoyed me, I trusted that he wasn't an idiot when it came to using his powers. 

I had a power too, mine was the ability to create force shields. I could collect the energy and particles surrounding me and create an impenetrable barrier. When I did, nothing could get in and nothing could get out. Once when I was little my parents had denied me ice cream even after I had been on my absolute best behavior. I was livid. My six year old self hid away in one of the bedrooms and I ended up creating a shield around myself without even knowing it. My parents couldn't even get through, which shocked them because I had never created a shield that powerful. Most powers reached their heights after decades of training, but mine had been proven to be at a higher level before I had even turned 10.

Being an angel of conception, the higher ranks of heaven were unsure whether or not I was a threat to them. My parents told me that the reason why Tobias had paid a visit was to take us back home so that heaven could sort matters out for themselves. Tobias was under a lot of pressure to make that happen, but my parents refused because the uncertainty of my fate was not something they were willing to gamble on. I think my parents had secretly wondered whether I could have multiple powers since I was a product of the both of them, but up until now I only had one power just like any other angel of creation. 

The only thing I wasn't sure of was how this would all turn out now that I was mated to a werewolf. I hoped and prayed that no one back home found out about him. I needed to talk to Alexander about this, I just didn't know how.

******************************