four - forties charm

I wore my workout clothes, yesterday was crazy and hard but T'Challa won and now he's king of Wakanda. I'm proud of him.

My music was blaring throughout the gym, no one really works out in here because the Dora and other tribes train in different ways.

I'm old fashioned so I prefer lifting weights and punching a sandbag.

My beads started to blink so I put down the dumbbells I was holding and answered it.

"Hazel come to the lab." Shuri's voice was heard over my music so I turned it down.

"What did I say about my hour?" I picked up the dumbbells again.

"I updated your staff so it won't jerk back anymore, you really need to know your limits."

"It seems every week they change, Shuri my powers have so many undiscovered possibilities. Maybe you should update it so I can change settings or something." I recommended and decided I was done working out.

"Actually that's a good idea, anyway hurry up and finish your 'hour' so you can come and test some things."

"Deal, see you later." I closed the holographic screen and took a sip of water.

The gym has huge windows and so does my room.

One thing you'll never see elsewhere are the sunsets. Very peaceful and all that zen shit.

I put everything away, grabbed my stuff and went to my room to shower.

• • •

The moment I walked into the lab Shuri grabbed my arm and pulled me further down and where a small area was filled with weapons and suits

"I know your an oldie and you hate to be treated like a doll but these suits and weapons will protect you." She opened a small hatch and she took out the staff.

"You can't keep yourself at the same level, you have to update yourself too." She gave me a smile and then handed me the staff. "You'll get bruised but you can't be scared forever."

"Where on earth did that come from?" I played around with the staff.

"I read people very well." She stated the obvious. "Also Okoye said she would like you on missions soon so she wants you ready."

"I was born ready." I continued to whoosh the staff around but I hit a table and left a huge dent. "Oh...maybe some more training will do."

• • •

I was now outside sparing with Ayo, she's a strong opponent and I almost always fail against her.

"Up, lift it up." Ayo instructed me and I listened and lifted the staff up. I have gotten the hang of using my powers with it and it doesn't break any of my bones now.