nine - facing a future fight

Omg that tfatws trailer, just look at my boys in couples therapy!!!!!!

Anyway here's the chapter.

"That's not possible, he-" I covered my face in realization. He probably became enhanced somehow and went under cryo.

"What is he doing now?" I rubbed my arms, trying to not stress out.

"Last I saw him, after hydra was exposed. He took off with his research and went to a different country but I think he's back in America." She explained.

"Why would he be back in America knowing there's Avengers constantly around?" None of this makes sense.

"Because it's brilliant, no one is looking for him there and he's covering his tracks but I know him, he's left crumbs that only people like me and you can understand."

"Wen- Masha...I haven't seen him since 1955 when I went under, I don't understand him and I don't intend to now."

"Hazel there's his hidden labs all over New York. I know two of them."

"Great then take them down yourself." I turned around to walk away. I don't want to see his face again. For once I rather let the other avengers handle it.

"I'm not enhanced Hazel, Phillip knows my tricks but you have powers." She walked around and faced me, putting her hands on my shoulders. "Only you can stop him, you're more powerful then he'll ever be."

I shut my eyes and lowered my head, trying to hide any ounce of a flashback of him and Julienne.

She sighed and gave me a sympathetic look, understanding why I don't wanna face him. "Hazel there's so much more to your story then your know. He hid so much from you...so did the SSR- well SHIELD."

Masha shook her head. "I don't even know who my parents were, I intend to find out. Don't you wanna know the truth too?"

"I already do, and I suffered for it." I shoved her arms off and continued walking back towards where T'Challa and the others were.

"You're being ignorant and selfish, people are dying every day by him and you refuse to do anything. You'll lose everything if you don't help."

I turned around, "I ALREADY LOST EVERYTHING!" I yelled. "I HAVE NOT SEEN MY OWN FATHER FOR MONTHS BECAUSE OF ALL THE SUPERHERO BULLSHIT I GOT MYSELF INTO."

Masha slowly stepped back, acting like she'd see a ghost.

She looked around, thinking about what to say.
"I'm sorry Hazel, for the what I did to you when we were kids. But let's face the truth here...we're not kids anymore and we haven't been for a long time."

"Masha, after my dad comes back I'm done with all the missions and sadness. I can't do it anymore."

"Don't let Phillip win this, you think we were the only children kidnapped by hydra? He'll continue to take more daughters and turn them into weapons. It's time for him to be put down."

I ran my fingers through my hair. Am I really going to do this?

"Two weeks, I'll send you some leads in New York. Trust me on this." She glanced around, about to make her exit.

I noticed my beads blinking, telling me Okoye was trying to contact me. "I don't trust you, never have."

"Take a leap of faith Hazel. They took everything from us. It's time for me to take back what is mine."

"And what is yours?" I yelled.

She showed a sad smile as she was standing on the edge of the building. "You'll find out soon enough."

"What-" I began again but she hopped off the building, disappearing into the ally.

I took a breath and answered my beads. "I'm on my way."

• • •

I sat in the corner of the royal talon, keeping yo myself. The news of Phillip being alive suddenly hit me. The painful memories was trying to enter my brain and I was using all my mental energy to hold them back.

I don't want to remember them and I sure and hell don't want to cry like a baby. It's been months and I'm not intending to break my record.

They all knew something was wrong, I'm never
quiet.

They thought I ran after the van but in reality I got the most devastating news since I was eleven.

I looked out the window as we entered Wakanda. Even the beauty of the trees wasn't bringing me joy like it usually does.

I stood up, grabbing my bag and T'Challa walked up to me. "I know what you're gonna say, I'll be fine. I'm going for a walk. Update me when Ross wakes up." I walked out before he could even speak.

My hands were restless and my mind was going at a million miles per hour.

I just hugged my arms and tried to focus on my breathing like my Dad taught me.

I started to counting to ten but I kept messing up. I was feeling every bad emotion in the book. Sadness, Anger, Grief...you name it.

I put my hands on the top of my head and released a scream of anger and frustration.

I can't face Phillip.

I can never face him.

"Hazel." I heard a male voice.

I opened my tearful eyes to see Bucky standing in front of me.

"You okay?" He looked concerned and a bit confused.

I just let out a sob and hugged him, hiding my face into his shoulder.

He was stiff for a moment but then he wrapped one arm around my shoulders. "It's okay kid."

"I want my dad." I said in between sobs.

"We'll get him here soon, just hold on okay?"

I nodded, still hiding my face.

"It'll be okay."

AW UNCLE BUCKY, Honestly he's my favorite at the moment.