thirteen - the jabari

It's been a few hours since T'Challa's Death. Nakia had to run back for Ross and bring Okoye along with us. I'm not sure Okoye would follow. She's extremely loyal to the throne but it would be smart to leave someone here to oversee Killmonger. She can take care of herself.

Me, Shuri and Queen Ramonda were in a secluded part of the woods. Killmonger doesn't know Wakanda at all and the guards never come out this way. I stood a ways away from the two. They were destroyed, the grief they're feeling is so strong and it hurts to see.

I'm more angry then sad, I want to kill him but he'll be taking the heart herb thing and he'll be much stronger then me. The most I can do now is guard Shuri and Queen Ramonda from any unwanted company.

Queen Ramonda and Shuri held eachother. It hurt to even look at them. "First Baba, and now my brother." I looked over silently. Shuri slightly rocked back and forth. Mama, we didn't even get to bury him." Her voice broke.

There was a rustle and I pulled out a knife and Queen Ramona pulled out a ring blade but it was just Nakia. Ross emerged behind her. "It's me." Nakia held her hands in front of her. I lowered my blade and put it back by my waist.

"Nakia. Who is this man?" She kept the blade raised more towards him. I think everyone hates Ross. "He's a friend of T'Challa's he saved my life." Nakia Answered.

The queen studied Ross then glanced over "Where's Okoye?" I knew she wouldn't come. I knew it.

"Okoye is not coming. She and Dora Milaje will serve the new King." She replied. The Queen lowered down her weapon with more sadness in her eyes.

"Wait here." Nakia looked to us all and ran off again. Again? We need to get out of here. It's only a matter of time before Killmonger decided he wants to kill all of us.

"What has happened to our Wakanda?" The Queen looked off into the distance.

"If we get help I think we will beat him. We're all strong people. Not you Ross." I said and he gave me a look. I went up and took Queen Ramona's free hand to comfort her. "This isn't over get. We will get Wakanda back." I assured her and let go to keep watch again.

After a few minutes I could smell and see smoke in the distance. What the hell is he doing now? There was rustling a few minutes from the direction of the smoke but it was just Nakia.

"Are we ready?" I asked. Nakia nodded and we hurried the others. I though I came here to be protected but I'm protecting others again. I think it's my default.

• • •

We've been walking well into the morning. It was freezing and snow covered the mountains around us. I wasn't much bothered in fact I actually felt more powerful here with the cold. I walked behind the others so I can watch our backs but no one should come this way. No one messes with the Jabari.

Everyone was shaking and covered themselves with thick blankets. I was just wearing my normal clothing. My super self also helps me avoid the frostbite too. The bitter winds hit my face, it makes it hard to breathe at times so I kept my face down.

"So where are we going again?" Ross spoke out of the blue. He's been pretty silent for the past few hours. Most of us actually hasn't spoke much. We've all been in our own minds with grief.

"We're taking the Heart Shaped Herb to Jabariland." Nakia answered. Ross blinked in confusion and looked back at Nakia. "Heart Shaped Herb...what is that?"

"It gives whoever takes it heightened abilities." She replied. Queen Ramonda began to slow down. "It's what made T'Challa so strong." Nakia then added but The Queen stopped in her tracks. "Nakia." We all stopped and Nakia walked over to her. "I don't like this. The Herb belongs to us. We may be creating a bigger monster with M'Baku." They both looked at the gorilla carving in the stone indicating we were arriving into the Jabari's territory.