Chapter 45 •• Voices Are Controlling

Hello, I love you, and I'm proud of you <3 I hope you're doing well, please don't let the anxiety of Corona get to you, everything is going to be fine, especially with you because you're strong and have made it this far. Everything happens for a reason, and everyday should be considered a blessing. If you have any anxious thoughts or worries at any time, my DM's are always open, i will always respond <3 If needed, I'll follow you back and we can have a chat, just let me know in the comments <3 Please keep doing what you're doing and stay safe <3

*Unedited Sorry ToT*

Bakugo POV-

It was late in the night, only hours after  i had almost died from the spicy curry Eijiro had made, i had completely underestimated him when he said spicy. The first few scoops felt like nothing on my tongue as i teased him, mocking his oh so spicy curry. He only grinned and leaned back to enjoy the show as he had taken another spoonful of his own. The heat began to pool out my mouth as my tongue felt numb. 

"HOLY SHIT!" I had slapped my knee as I slightly bent over the bowl. The saliva began to pool at my lips as my entire face gradually became more and more numb, my mouth on fire. 

After endless laughter from Eijiro and the expulsion of milk from its carton, we had quickly decided on sleep, exhausted from the days work of doing... well, nothing. 

We cuddled up in bed, wrapped in Eijiro's arms as it was different from before. When we had 'sleepovers' before the entire, situation, i had presumed he thought of it as nothing but body heat. But he never changed the way he hugged me, he held me with the same sheer force of keeping me close to his body, the burrowing of his face in my neck and arms around my waist. It felt loving. Like he was trying to portray so much through such a small action. 

Which brings us to now. 

My eyes were quick to bolt open at the alarming sound and sheer force of the matress as it felt like it jumped in place. I was shocked when i opened my eyes, Eijiro had sprung up from the bed to sit up, his back slightly keeled over and hands wild besides him, gentle huffs of air leaving his lips as he was in a frenzy. I quickly flung my body from the bed as i caught his arm in my hand, peering around his hands that now covered his face, his head bowed as i tried to meet his eyes. 

"Ei? Ei?! Are you okay? What's wrong?" I quickly rushed out as I placed my hands atop of his. His body jolted from the touch, as if he was afraid. 

The anvil. It had struck. 

"K-K-Kats...ki..." He rushed through sobs as he kept his palms concealing his eyes from sight. I sat in front of him, between his legs as they were bent out to the sides. 

"I'm here... I'm here.." I tried my best to comfort the weeping boy as i wrapped him in my arms as he removed his hands, instead wrapping them around me as he sobbed into my shoulder, the gentle sobs and rushed breaths sounding through the room. I rubbed up and down his back in a soothing manner, giving his back a few pats here and there, no vocal words could be spoken right now, the only way of comfort in this manner were the actions we took. 

"H-He... I-I didn't... mean to..." He wept, i didn't understand. I don't know who, what didn't he mean to do? I was clueless, all i knew was, something bad was resurfaced in his sleep. The nightmares i had previously been told of, had they returned? 

As if slacks of wood held memories of the past, trauma, nightmares, panic attacks, anxiety all held on shelves above him, carrying over his head. And one by one, they were smashed above him. Every time he came closer to mortality, his dark past would smash another piece of wood atop his head, the splinters piercing his skin as they leaked poison to his blood. Poison that's only cure was to listen, watch, feel, wait. If he didn't let the emotions show, the pieces of wood would grow larger, thicker, stronger until they grew to massive pieces - until they formed back to a tree, surrounding him in the shadows of a forest. The longer he waited, the more trees he would cut down, the more splinters he would bare. The more poison leaked to his blood, until it became to much.