.001

.001

"the sayin, live fast and die young is what they told us

"the sayin, live fast and die young is what they told us."

a group of nine followed after the professor, all of them ranging between different shape, sizes and ages. all of them having different styles, the majority of them being strangers. all they had to judge each off were looks, the type of clothes people wore. the accessories they had to them to determine their wealth. tattoos for backgrounds along with visible scars. everyone had the same attitude as they walked which was determined as they headed towards the nice looking house. some already recognizing the house as they entered, others shocked by the appearance of everything being dusty. they all walked upwards to a designated classroom.

when all of them sat down, the professor took the board writing 'WELCOME' on it. no one seemed to budge as he turned around, studying the room. "welcome everyone and... i want to thank you for agreeing to this." he offered everyone a grateful smile. then, a hideous laugh just filled the room. everyone turned around to somewhat a pale boy who died down his laughter when he saw he was getting looks. "we'll live here. away from the maddening crowd. for five months, we're going to study how we're going to pull off this heist." professor got straight to the point. some were shocked at the amount of time this was going to take, not sure if they put their lives on pause for that amount of time.

"what do you mean five months? are you crazy or what?" the oldest looking man in the room spoke up. he looked like he kept to himself, bringing the question of why he was wanted on the heist. that was the question for everyone. "look... people spend years at school... to earn a salary, which even in the best scenario, it's a shitty one. what's five months? i've been thinking about this for much longer. so i don't have to work ever again. nor will you. or your children." professor knew almost everything about everyone in the room; he knew that they needed the money and they all deserved this break.

"all right. currently, you don't know each other. and i want to keep it that way. i don't want names... or ask personal questions. and obviously, no personal relations. i want each of you to pick a name. something simple. it could be numbers, planets, cities..." the professor listed off ideas they could use. "like, mr. seventeen and ms. twenty-three?" the pale spoke out with a smirk on his face.

"we're off on a bad start, i can't even remember my phone number." the older man started to panic when he was told he had to remember things, numbers as names were going to throw him off. "that's why i tell you." the boy laughed patting the old man's back revealing that they knew each other.

"are we doing planets? i can be mars and this one, uranus." a young boy spoke up that sat the pale one with a big goofy smile on his face. the pale boy shook his head rolling his eyes. "no fucking way, forget it." he didn't like his assigned planet.