.007

.007

"doesn't make sense now

"doesn't make sense now. things just got real, things are getting intense right now."

toronto was happy she didn't have to stop her smile. yes, it was a horrible occurrence but it was just a minor, near the shoulder. the worst that could happen was losing nerves in that arm and it wasn't their doing. the best was arturo could be out for days with recovery and he wouldn't dare challenge their authority. well that's what toronto thought.

everything after arturo was down went quickly. toronto was the first one back to the door, yelling down the stairs saying that arturo was hit. she yelled for the hostages to follow her into the building for safety. moscow and denver carried bloody arturo in the building trying their best to keep him awake. so many stairs and it felt like it was a race to get arturo to an operating table for a minor shot. to save a man's life that they all secretly despised. it was their humanity showing, they weren't just robbers.

they rushed to make him feel better. toronto ushered the worried hostages away from arturo. they all clung on to each other not knowing what to do. that easily could've been them. when toronto went over to the table to peer over arturo her spirit was different. she wasn't as frantic as the others. her face was unreadable, she reached for her aid ripping it out of her ear to mute arturo's pleading. she seemed at peace, like she wanted something to happen to him and her wish was being granted. her humanity wasn't showing. because unlike the others, she was once a killer. she was immune to pleads of living.

she knew how it felt to be on a table regretting everything that led to an injury, thinking about how you take everything for granted. begging for a second chance. talking to a god that you barely acknowledged before.

today was the day of the medical lesson. not much of the crew knew much about the body and how it worked. and some knew too much. rio laid on a table while the professor marked his body going over important organs of the body. "wait, wait... so you expect us to learn medicine like this? with a couple of markers?" denver looked around knowing how crazy this was. he never tried to attempt anything that required surgery; he relied on his free healthcare for that. "if someone gets shot, you can't go to the hospital. you have to take care of it inside." the professor told them all.

"this is suicide. it's one thing to be locked inside that mouse trap and another to be killed." denver expressed his worries about the plan. he never came close to doing something this crazy where he had to be on an operation for days. they were too vulnerable. "denver... we're just asking you to learn how to remove a bullet. enough with the epic tales." berlin had numerous workshops with denver where he did nothing but worry and doubt the operation.