.prologue

the house almost looked abandoned when she walked in there, clutching a dagger close to herself, she was ready for anything

the house almost looked abandoned when she walked in there, clutching a dagger close to herself, she was ready for anything. her footsteps heavier than she wanted due to her boots, she thought about taking them off but it was too late. it was a set up, she saw no cars outside but the place looked like a good loot. when she turned the corner, there was a creak in a floorbed that didn't come from her. so when she turned the corner, she pushed her blade first, sticking it to someone's throat. it was a man, she was able to study his face.

glasses, dark hair, dark beard, aged but overall handsome. it was where she got the wallet before, his pocket. she wasn't surprised to find him here. she wanted answers. the man raised his hands as if he was in surrender but she kept the blade close to his throat. "you want to tell me, why do you know my name?" she questioned, with her other hand she reached down into her pocket flicking the brown leather wallet out. the wallet had a red piece of paper in it, the words scribbled 'come find me' followed by the address of the place and the girl's name.

"i understand how that can alarm you, but let's put the weapon away to discuss this. i don't mean no harm." he told her, not meeting her eye as if he was extremely nervous. she narrowed her eyes and pushed her blade into his neck, to intimidate him and it worked with his eyes widening. "bullshit. you're going to tell me how you know who i am. how did you know that i would take it from you?" her voice was still at it's low state as she narrowed her eyes at the man wanting answers.

then there was a click from above, anyone would know that click and when the man didn't move his head to see what it was or who. she knew the person was with him, her head didn't budge either. "sweetheart, how about we retract the blade from the nice man and we give him a chance to chit chat." it was another man, his voice not as raspy, more confident. the girl dropped the brown leather to the floor, keeping the blade against the man's neck. she went to reach into her pocket but then a shot was fired near her head. the only person to flinch was the man with the glasses.

the woman finally turned from where the bullet came from and studied the other man who held the gun. the man was shaven clean, also aged but more than the man that had his blade to his throat. she dropped her blade away from the man, still keeping it close. "answer my question. why am i here?" she raised her voice just a little when she had to repeat her question. "because you're special, sweetheart." the other man began to walk down the stairs, clicking the gun in safety to signal that she was safe.

"we have a job for you, and others that we figure that you're going to like." the man with the beard looked at her shyly and she just crossed her arms over her chest. "and what makes you think that i need a job?" she questioned looking between both of the men. they were both well dressed and it seemed sketchy. she wasn't going to let them pimp her out for cash.

"because you stole the man's wallet off the street. then his watch." the clean shaved man gestured down to her left hand seeing the watch hang. the bearded man looked at her almost shocked and she rolled her eyes giving the watch back to the man.

"alright i'm all ears."

"but first. pick a city, any city."