Chapter 3: Worthwhile Bonds

To say the walk back to Hiroshi's apartment was better than yesterday's would be an understatement. There were no crazy Uchiha's chasing her, no Hokage showing up, and no hard feelings in Ahsoka's heart. Well no, that would be a lie.

The hole in her heart was still there, the emptiness was still there, her parents whoever... not there. Now after leaving school Ahsoka realized for the first time how truly relaxed she had become after spending the day with Rin and Obito.

A small smile crept up the corners of Ahsoka's lips. 'The old man was right' The thought caused Ahsoka to scoff, but her level of respect for the Sarutobi grew a little. She felt... free. As if a weight had been lifted from her small six-year old shoulders.

The only problem that remained was...Hiroshi. Ahsoka grimaced at the thought

'How could I've been treating him so badly? How could I have been such a fool? He didn't deserve any of that. All throughout these past months he has tried to make me feel more comfortable in a place that I had long forgotten was my home.' She kept her gaze firmly on the floor and scoffed at herself.

'All I could do was spare him glances, nods, a minuscule smile, a word here and there. He didn't deserve that.'

The afternoon sun hit Ahsoka's eyes, making them look golden. Her hair shone as if it were bright ginger and a smile broke the troubled lines that shadowed her face as she watched a civilian couple walking side by side with their child.

Konoha was so peaceful, so warm, very unlike the cold Land of Iron. The samurai rather kept to themselves, and that was how Ahsoka's parents liked it, something that always troubled Ahsoka.

She had made bonds while living there, she had been out going, rebellious, and an over all ball of sunshine. Quite the opposite of the overall feel of the Land of Iron. But here in Konoha, where her personality would have fit in great, she decided to push people away.

Her smile dropped as she continued walking. 'Konoha is a great place, but it took the freaking Hokage to open up my eyes to that fact.... and I have hurt people during the process....Hiroshi.' Her thoughts wandered back to him.

Ahsoka stood in front of the apartment door. She could sense Hiroshi was in there. He might have sensed her too but he didn't move to open the door for her.

'What if he is finally fed up with me? What if he wants to hand me back to the Hokage for how I treated him? What if-' The honey eyed beauty had to physically smack herself before her insecurities taking her thoughts astray.

'Baka! Don't be stupid, he wouldn't do that'

She shoke her limbs and shuddered in preparation for what was to come. The key slipped into the lock easily and the door creaked open. Hiroshi was sitting on the couch leaning over the coffee table littered with what Ahsoka assumed were mission reports.

 Hiroshi was sitting on the couch leaning over the coffee table littered with what Ahsoka assumed were mission reports