Chapter 5: To Genin Or Not To Genin?

This chapter contains scenes from Shippuden Episode 416 and of course my own writing and added scenes.

Five months later

Hiroshi dodged the tanto that swung upwards at him. He jumped back a couple feet, bracing his katana to meet another attack from small sword wielded by the now seven year-old Ahsoka. She quickly jumped into the air, falling back down towards Hiroshi with a graceful twist, blade drawn.

Their blades clashed, Hiroshi quickly used Ahsoka's momentum to slide their blades together until he was in the right position to disarm her and throw her off him. What he didn't know was that Ahsoka anticipated this. She smirked over their crossed blades, his eyes widened, she flipped herself over him landing behind him.

Hiroshi barely had any time to dodge as Ahsoka's blade came at him with great speed coming dangerously close to slicing his shoulder. Thrown slightly off by her failed attempt, the young girl spun on her heel, turning back to face Hiroshi who was already in front of her kicking the tanto out of her hand.

She gasped in surprise as the blade flew out of her hand and towards a set of logs.

"AYYY!" Obito cried out as Rin yelped  from where they had been sitting peacefully watching the match, narrowly surviving being decapitated by the flying sword.

"Hey, watch it!" Obito shouted at Hiroshi as he quickly got up from the awkward position he had fallen into. He shot Ahsoka a glare as she giggled behind her hand.

The jonin laughed nervously as he sweat dropped "Ahaha, Gomen Obito, Rin." Obito huffed and crossed his arms while Rin looked like a deer in headlights.

He turned back to Ahsoka and ruffled her light auburn hair, "You did great today, kiddo." She huffed and grumbled a 'thanks' as she swatted his hands away, stopping him from messing up her hair any further. Hiroshi quickly hid his laugh with a fake cough at her expression as she tried to fix her hair in vain.

"I still haven't caught up to yet." She huffed.

"No, but you've gotten better. You'll catch up eventually." He gave her a closed eyed smile, "Besides.... a guy like me is quite the catch, ya know? It takes time to win me over." He crossed his arms over his chest and winked at her cheekishly.

"Not for the ladies you are not," She deadpanned, his pride sank a little, "Specially if your best pick up lines are puns." Scratch that, it fell to the bottom of the ocean.

"Now listen here you little twerp..." A tick mark appeared on his forehead, he pointed an accusing finger at the seven year-old who shamelessly displayed a sly evil grin.

"Oi, Hiroshi-san!" Obito and Rin jogged up to meet the bickering pair, "Can we practice the shadow shuriken jutsu you were teaching us the other day? Can you? Please please pleaseeee." Obito gave the best puppy eyes he could muster.

"Oh could you please, Hiroshi-san. I want to practice it too!" Rin said with determination and excitement. Ahsoka immediately joined in on the pleading too.

Rin and Obito had started coming to the training grounds to watch Ahsoka practice her kenjutsu with Hiroshi in the mornings for months now and were extremely happy when Hiroshi started including them into his lesson plans and teaching the two kids new justus too.

Hiroshi chuckled at the three eager academy students. He put his hands up in defeat trying to quite down the chorus of 'pleases'.

"I would love to kiddos, but... don't you have school in ten minutes?" Hiroshi pointed at the clock sitting atop the logs.

A collective gasp went through the young shinobi-to be as they turned to look at the time. "Oh my god, Oh my god we're gonna be late!" Rin basically squeaked. They scurried to get their books from the ground.