Chapter 12: I'm Always Watching

This chapter will include scenes from episode 386 which is the Team Minato Chunnin Exams and my own added scenes. Just in case it helps you guys picture things, they'll be wearing their other outfits (the ones from Ch.6) BTW this is chapter is gonna have a lot of scene changes bc the original episode is structured like that so the writing might be a bit weird as we abruptly cut to different scenes various times.

The birds chirped in the bright Konoha morning. The sound of the river running could be heard from the wooden bridge above it where four genin grew more and more frustrated as they waited impatiently for their sensei.

Obito gave an irritated huff, "What the heck...Minato sensei tells us to assemble and he's the one who's late!" His eyes were closed as he leaned his head on his hand supported by the railing as he gave an audible sighed, "Give me a break."

"You're one to talk." Shot Kakashi at the raven haired boy's ironic statement as he leaned with his elbows propped against the railing.

"What did you say!" Obito yelled.

"Eh?"

Ahsoka gave an exasperated sigh as Rin held up her hands trying to calm the two boys down, "Maa, maa. Come on you two..."

"Want to do this?!" Obito yelled, completely ignoring Rin. Kakashi only scoffed in response, "Hey! Did you just scoff at me!?"

"What of it?"

"Could you two be any louder..." Ahsoka groaned. Two years had passed since the team assembled and nothing had changed.

Before any of the genin could notice, a shadow appeared on the top of the bridge's gate as Minato shunshined to the top, "Sorry to keep you waiting. You're all here, I see." He jumped down, landing in a crouch. The blonde quickly stood up with an easy smile as he looked over his team who wasted no time hurrying over to him.

"Minato-sensei! Do we have a new mission?!"

"Not today," The join reached into his back pocket, pulling out four sheets of paper and holding them out to his genin.

The four leaned in with curious wide eyes, "What is that?" Obito asked as he scanned the papers with his hand on his hip.

"They're applications," Minato explained, "I recommended you four for the promotion to chunin." One by one the four took an application from Minato's hand as they read over it.

Obito gaped at the paper as he took it. A sudden wide grin broke through his face. His grip tightened on the paper as he shook in excitement and he threw himself at his sensei, "Minato-sensei...You're awesome!"

Minato stumbled back as the Uchiha hugged him tightly, "Hey..." He chuckled as he got his bearings, "Don't jump the gun."

Obito looked up at him confused, "Huh?"

"You have to take the chunin exams first." Obito's face twisted into an amusing mixture of disgust, confusion, and terror.

"What..."

"There are three parts to the exam and each one is quite difficult." Minato held up three finger as he counted them off.

"Oh...are you kidding me?" Obito stepped back with a dejected expression. Rin and Ahsoka tried their best to give their friend encouraging smiles, they both knew he wasn't the best test taker. Kakashi on the other hand only scoffed.

"You'll never pass since you can't even make it to a rendezvous on time."

Obito's grip on his application tightened as he turned to Kakashi with a furious look, "What did you say?!"