Chapter 9: Sweet As Can Be

The cool Spring air moved the leaves through the streets of Konoha. People were buzzing that Saturday afternoon, moving from one place to another, getting chores done, buying groceries, getting gifts for loved ones, etc. Just another peaceful day in the Village Hidden in the Leaves.

Weaving through the streets walked a silver haired boy, his hands stuck in his pocket and an uninterested look in his eyes as he tried to push past the crowd and get to a less crowded part of town.

"Excuse me, -thank you. Uh- please." Came his indifferent requests for some semblance of space in the crowd. Kakashi sighed in relief as he walked through a different set of streets. Leaving the headache inducing scene behind him only to be hit with another much worse headache.

"KAKASHI!"

The silvered haired genin groaned as a spandex wearing boy with an awful hair cut and a red scarf appeared in front of him with a wide, unnaturally bright smile.

"What might my eternal rival be up to on this youthful day?!" Guy practically screamed in his face.

"Nothing that concerns you." Kakashi side stepped him and continued walking.

Guy was quick to come up next to him, jogging backwards, "Then let's MAKE it my concern! Kakashi Hatake - I challenge you!" He pointed at Kakashi and winked.

"Guy Might- I decline." Kakashi replied uninterested, not even looking the other's boy's way.

Guy quickly deflated before his smile grew once more, "So, what are you up to?"

Kakashi groaned, "You already asked me that!" He had hoped the strange boy would take a hint and leave him alone...but he had no such luck.

"Yes, but I did not get a satisfactory answer!"

Kakashi threw his hands up in the air, "Nothing! Just clearing my head. Something that I prefer to do alone." He sent Guy a pointed glare.

Guy placed a hand to his chin, "I see..."

Kakashi sighed in relief, 'Finally. I might just get some peace and quiet.'

"Could it be..." Guy said thoughtfully, causing Kakashi to look at him with a raised eyebrow, "My eternal rival was thinking about a girl he likes?!"

Kakashi faltered, "Huh?! N--N-No! Where did that idea come from?!"

"Those are the idle thoughts of youth!" Guy clenched his fist as tears poured out his eyes, "My rival is experiencing youth at its prime." The boy sniffled dramatically.

A tick mark appeared on Kakashi's forehead, "I am not your rival. And I wasn't thinking about some girl either."

But Guy wasn't listening, "But you see, Kakashi!" He pointed at himself, "You are not the only one experiencing youth at its prime!"

Kakashi raised an eyebrow, "You like someone?"

Guy's face light up as a bright blush appeared on his tan skin, "Only the most beautiful flower in all of Konoha-NO- all the  five nations and beyond!" He put his hands on his cheeks as he did a pirouette.

"Uh huh....."

"She is the most graceful! The loveliest! The most stunning creature I have ever seen!" Guy burst into a fit of joyful giggles just thinking about her. Leaving Kakashi to sweat drop uncomfortably. He did not need to know what mystery woman had taken a hold of the chaotic place the was Guy Might's mind.

"Great...Well I hope you two are happy in your youthful lives." Kakashi once again tried to ditch Guy but was stopped as Guy stood in front of him, arms spread wide.