Chapter 19: The Toad Sage and The Spy

You can all guess by now that these next chapters will be based off the 'Kakashi: Shadow of the Anbu Black Ops Arc' which starts on episode 349 in case anyone was wondering :3

A pair of familiar brown eyes stared ahead in shock. Kakashi's own red eye widened at the sight...the oh so familiar sight of that scared looking face. He shifted his gaze down to where he knew the crackling blue lightning would be...then back up to the look at the person his hand had just gone through.

Something exploded behind Rin, but the girl's horrified expression didn't waver...not as his name slipped past her lips.

"Kakashi..." She stretched out her hand, reaching out for him.

Kakashi couldn't move. He only watched as the hand got closer. Only a few more inches before he was trapped in its grasp. No escape. But he wasn't mad...

He deserved it. He knew he did

Kakashi threw the covers to the side as his alarm clock rang violently. He gasped for air as his wide eyes began to focus. The realization of where he was suddenly hitting him.

Home, he was home. He could feel his thin sleeping mattress beneath him, the warmth of the rays of sun just starting to peek over the windows, the cool air of the room...He was home.

He felt his body stop shaking. Staring ahead with his lone Sharingan eye.

Scared. He felt scared.

He slowly lifted up his right hand and he immediately felt the sting of tears beginning to form at the sight that only he could see. Blood.

He was at the sink in a second, scrubbing roughly at his right hand. His breathing coming in short quick gasps as tears and sweat rolled down his face.

"It won't come off!" He choked on the words, scrubbing harder, "It won't come off!" He couldn't stop, not as the sight of Rin's blood on his hands stayed in his mind.

Guy leaned against the outer wall of the dango shop where Genma, Kurenai, Asuma and Raido sat inside. Each with a dango in hand as they faced the street, watching as people passed by.

"I hear we're going to enter into a peace treaty with the Hidden Stone." Raido said, taking a bite from his dango.

Genma picked at his teeth nonchalantly with his own finished stick, "How much faith can we put in a single piece of paper?"

Guy hummed, his mouth full, "That's for sure."

Raido looked over his shoulder at the other side of the table where Kurenai and Asuma sat, "You guys, think about the burden on Lord Third!"

Asuma raised his dango in the air, "In any case, the long, great war will be over for now."

Kurenai followed the movement, "Let's toast with some dumplings!" The rest cheered without question.

The sounds of slow footsteps made Guy look to his right. He gasped slightly, spotting a familiar head of silver-white hair walking their way.

"Hey, Kakashi!" Guy's voice made the silver haired teen look up from the floor, "Want to join us for some dango?" Guy offered, raising his stick in greeting.

Kakashi gave them all an offhanded, distant look before turning back to stare ahead as he passed the shop. The group made no move to stop him, they only watched him walk away with concerned eyes.

"He's not too sociable these days." Guy offered, his usually rambunctious voice uncharacteristically soft.

"Was he ever?" said Gemma. Everyone shot him a look, to which he squawked, "What?"