Chapter 17: I Have Seen Too Much

Character Facts: According to the Zodiac, Ahsoka is a Libra with her birthday falling on October 1st. This is also the same sign as Naruto since their birthdays are only nine days apart. I purposely picked this birthday and sign for Ahsoka since Libras are meant to be kind, intelligent, and always put others before themselves. They are very effective mediators, being masters at compromising and diplomacy and trying their best to see all points of view. Libra is ruled by Venus which is the planet of beauty, this makes sense since Ahsoka is canonically very pretty.

I don't even believe in all the horoscope mambo-jumbo but I thought it would be cool if it correlated with the characters.

Birds chirped over the silent forest as Kakashi landed on a branch with a soft thud. His hand instantly flew to his shoulder as wave of pain rippled through his still healing wound, making his whole body tremble and cringe in pain.

His eyes suddenly took on uncharacteristic softness as the pain subsided, focusing on nothing. His mind wandering off  to the fools that were too blind to see the importance of the mission...the two fools he had left behind....

"It's healing well..." Rin's gentle voice and soft eyes met his as she spoke kindly, "But don't over-exert yourself or you'll open up the wound."

Kakashi looked to the side, the guilt and shame he refused to let consume him earlier now shone clear as day in his dark eyes.

"When we were wounded, Rin saved our lives with her medical ninjutsu! If she hadn't been there, the three of us would be dead by now!" Another memory, Obito's passionate speech and furious eyes, "Right now, saving Rin takes priority over the mission!" 

"Kakashi, rules and regulations are indeed important,"  Minato's stern voice echoed, "But that isn't everything. Didn't I teach you...There are times when the situation requires impromptu responses against the enemy."

"I'm sorry Kakashi," Ahsoka opened her eyes once more, meeting Kakashi's as she spoke with a voice laced in pain, "But I can't leave Rin behind."

The newly formed jonin continued to stare down, his thoughts turning to the man that turned his back on him. The man who left him alone.

But Obito's words as he turned over his shoulder to look at Kakashi rang in his head. Words he never thought he'd hear anyone say.

"I believe that the White Fang was a true hero...Sure, in the world of ninja, those who break the rules and regulations are regarded as scum...But," His dark eyes focused on him, "...those who abandon their comrades are even worse than scum!"

Kakashi flinched. Conflicted and alone, that's what he felt as he turned his head away... He was alone. The dead silence of the forest and chirping of the birds consuming him.

The birds' squawking echoed in the forest behind Ahsoka and Obito. Their eyes focused on the small entrance of a cave.

"We've found them." Obito whispered, his worried eyes never leaving the opening.

"Hai." Ahsoka said, eyes focused.

Suddenly, Obito started trembling. If it was from fury or nerves, he couldn't tell. All he knew was he had to get it under control, 'Focus Obito! Come on Focus!...But what if something went wrong?' His body only trembled harder, 'What if they couldn't save Rin? What if she'd been killed her already? What if they get killed? What if-?!'

"Calm down...Obito."

Obito let out a startled gasp as he snapped his head to his right. His wide eyes took in Ahsoka's gentle smile, her soft voice wrapping him in a sense of stability as it lower him back to Earth.