Chapter 15: Liar

I'm still not sorry for the cliffhangers :) WARNING: loooong ass chapter. In honor of Hiroshi's death I finally redid his drawing in Chapter 3.

The cloudy sky bathed the surroundings of the cemetery in a dull gray light where rows of people stood neatly next to each other, all in black. The somber expressions worn by everyone were turned to the twelve year old setting a bouquet of flowers down on a grave. The Konoha symbol was proudly carved into the marble block with scented candles and flowers decorating it's bland white color with a name written on it.

'HIROSHI SHINTO'

Ahsoka knelt down, gently placing the flowers down on the white marble block. Her blank face looked down calmly at the name as she placed her small hand on the stone. The gray lighting making her usual bright colors look dull and muted just as it had everything around Konoha.

Standing in the front row, watching with a concerned look was Obito. His raven hair and onyx eyes matching his funeral clothes as he stood stiffly between Kakashi and Minato, 'Ahsoka...' His mournful eyes never left the young girl as she stood up slowly, her back turned to the group. Kakashi turned his gaze down to the ground as Minato stared on blankly along with the people around them. All remained silent. Not even the birds seemed to want to sing that day.

"Do-Do you think we should knock?" Kurenai leaned over and whispered to Obito.

A tick mark appeared on the boy's forehead, "Shh! I don't know!" He whispered harshly before quickly turning back to the door, "Maybe we should leave her alone a little longer?"

Asuma sighed as he stuffed his hands in his pockets, "This is stupid. If she wanted to talk to us she would have."

Kurenai whipped her head around, "But it's been three days and no one in the class has seen her!" The three had been standing at the large, dark red door of Ahsoka's apartment for a couple of minutes now. Worry for their long time friend had grown since they hadn't seen her since the funeral. Kurenai's voice dropped lower, "What if she really needs us?"

At Kurenai's words, Obito clenched his fist before bringing it down on the door, "OI! AHSOKA! YOU BETTER OPEN UP OR I'M BUSTING THE DOOR DOWN!"

No answer. Obito gritted his teeth, "DO YOU HEAR ME? AHSOKA!" He banged on the door again, "AHSO-"

"Could you please not break my door down? Thank you." The three genin yelped as they whipped around to see Ahsoka standing with crossed arms, a raised eyebrow, and a bag of groceries hanging limply from her forearm.

"Kami-sama...We didn't even hear you coming." Asuma's tense body relaxed as he continued staring at the Aoyama with wide eyes.

"Ahsoka!" Obito stomped over to the girl, "Where have you been?!"

The amber eyed girl shot her grocery bag a side glance before lifting it nonchalantly, "Grocery shopping..." That earned her a deadpan stare from the Uchiha.

"We've been worried sick!" Kurenai rushed over, "I mean we haven't seen you since-" The red eyed beauty clamped her mouth shut before the words slipped out.

"You mean since the funeral?" Ahsoka spoke slowly, empathizing the final words.

Kurenai blushed with embarrassement, "Ye-Yeah."

Ahsoka sighed, slumping her shoulders, "Seriously guys I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me."

The three genin shot each others worried looks before turning back to the light auburn haired girl, "It-It's just-" Kurenai began. Ahsoka's mouth fell slightly as she gaped in surprise, sudden realization hitting her. They truly had been worried about her.